M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this site and been trying to read about problems,I have read alot in mag reviews and seems like differnt authors have differnt things to say about the 109R.I love how the bike looks but have heard that there clucth problems,handling,bad throttle responce and bad suspension.... :).thanks for any help

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
BBW said:
I just found this site and been trying to read about problems,I have read alot in mag reviews and seems like  differnt authors have differnt things to say about the 109R.I love how the bike looks but have heard that there clucth problems,handling,bad throttle responce and bad suspension.... :).thanks for any help
Clutch Problems- Haven't had any and I've been towing a 300 lb trailer for the last 5000 miles and riding it like I stole it.

Handling-
I think it handles great. Handles better than my VTX and of course my Boss Hoss :redfaced: Never had a problem keeping up on Deals Gap and I go there quite a bit. Might go there this weekend. :doorag:

Bad Throttle Response- You got to be kidding me, this thing is a rocket. It is a little twitchy at first but either you get use to it or it gets better, haven't figured out which. ::)

Bad Suspension- I think the suspension is great and I made mine better by adding air to the rear.

Best thing you can do is take one for a ride, just make sure you bring your check book. :doorag:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just buy it! Are you waiting to find a flawless bike with no problems? Well this is it in my opinion, Ive got 2300 miles on mine, zero clutch issues, suspension has not been an issue, throttle is a little twitchy, not lack of response but very,very responsive still not an issue, you just need time to get use to it. In fact the only major problem is when I sit on the bike, wether it's running or not, it starts pouring rain outside? Suzuki needs to work on that. If you had agun to my head and forced me to tell you whats wrong with this bike I would literally have to make up stuff, it's that good. Be careful what you read, I know some guys have had issues from the dealers but these are not issues everyone is going to have. This is a $20,000 bike easy, you won't find a better bang for your buck!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I've owned 10 bikes over the past 8 years, 8 of them were cruisers. This is by far the best of the bunch. I like it even more than the VTX 1800C I had for 4 years. That's saying something! I've also had a Valkyrie, Vulcan 2000, Road Star, Nomad, 1100 Aero, and 750 ACE. This bike ROCKS! Just buy one. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I quit listening to what bike rag writers said and started paying attention to the people that OWN them a long time ago :bigthumbsup:
Just hang out here for a while you find out what you need to know ;)

G

·
BBW said:
I just found this site and been trying to read about problems,I have read alot in mag reviews and seems like differnt authors have differnt things to say about the 109R.I love how the bike looks but have heard that there clucth problems,handling,bad throttle responce and bad suspension.... :).thanks for any help
I would say handling and suspension are good points about the bike. Low throttle application is a little jerky but now at 1100 miles, I don't really notice it..but yes, suzuki could have done better...but anyway, this is at low throttle, below cruising imo.

clutch... not aware of anything

·
Registered
207 Posts
Been riding since 1962. This is the by fair the best and most fun of them all.It has a unique personality that you soon get on top of. Just ride one and all doubts will fade.I LOVE MINE!

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
BBW said:
No clutch problems here. For a cruiser, this 109 handles like a dream, whether cruising up and down the boulevard or shredding the twisties. Throttle response is just like any other SERIOUS big twin with a granny 1st gear. Suspension is on par with similar big cruisers.

·
Registered
441 Posts
this is one bad bike . have had no problems with mine.take one for a ride for you self and see. the only problem i see with the bike is your significant other will not like it because when you get on it she will not see you for a long time. :D

·
Registered
844 Posts
Most of the "clutch problem" posts were from some guy who was playing games.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
most bikes and even cars have their own personalities. you can adapt to the throttle response issue and that latest magazine article that mentioned stiff suspension never even mentioned trying adjust the shock. I must like this bike a lot because I have not changed too much on it because I like most of it as is.

·
Registered
185 Posts
dynamos2000 said:
 Low throttle application is a little jerky . . . .
Call it "jerky" , call it "quircky" . . . I call it "character" !   :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
BBW said:
I just found this site and been trying to read about problems,I have read alot in mag reviews and seems like different authors have different things to say about the 109R.I love how the bike looks but have heard that there clutch problems,handling,bad throttle responce and bad suspension.... :).thanks for any help
Yep, the 109 has problems in all those areas!

1. Clutch - let out and too fast and you'll be facing the stars!
2. Handling - I'd put it against any other 700lb bike and it will eat em up!
3. Bad throttle response - more instant torque than 95% of all bikes!
4. Bad suspension - Adjustable from soft to stiff, you decide for yourself!

The 109 absolutely draws attention everywhere I go with it, people love the looks of this cruiser/sport bike!

EFE M109

·
Registered
600 Posts
I can tell you, after a smile-filled 9,000 mile+ summer on my M, that it is the best all-around motorcycle I've ever owned or known anyone to own. I've had a little oil blowing from the air cleaner and a little coolant running down the side of the engine but these were minor problems (especially since I've been keeping up with things in this forum. Thank you, Lamont :bigthumbsup: )

Plenty of power(!)... handles like a bike 3/4 its weight... the compliments you'll get just because of how it looks are gratifying, too :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
No problems just some minor inconveniences. If you read this site you will learn how to avoid 99.9% of the problems. One hell of a ride.

·
Registered
60 Posts
EFE M109 said:
Yep, the 109 has problems in all those areas!

1. Clutch - let out and too fast and you'll be facing the stars!
2. Handling - I'd put it against any other 700lb bike and it will eat em up!
3. Bad throttle response - more instant torque than 95% of all bikes!
4. Bad suspension - Adjustable from soft to stiff, you decide for yourself!

The 109 absolutely draws attention everywhere I go with it, people love the looks of this cruiser/sport bike!

EFE M109
+1
IMO BEST CRUISER OUT RIGHT NOW!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I bought the first one from my local dealer as I did the first VTX1800c in01 and after riding the 109 I got the X up 4sale!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts