M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am still getting used to the power behind this thing. I am being very careful during the break in period to shift every 3500 RPMs as recommended (how annoying). Well last night I accidently gave it a little too much gas and let off the clutch too quick and almost fell off the back of the bike. Only after almost stalling the bike did I realize my hands were hurting from grabbing the handle bars tightly at the last minute. I am going to need training straps attached to my wrists to ensure the bike doesn't leave me at the light next time.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
So I am still getting used to the power behind this thing. I am being very careful during the break in period to shift every 3500 RPMs as recommended (how annoying). Well last night I accidently gave it a little too much gas and let off the clutch too quick and almost fell off the back of the bike. Only after almost stalling the bike did I realize my hands were hurting from grabbing the handle bars tightly at the last minute. I am going to need training straps attached to my wrists to ensure the bike doesn't leave me at the light next time.
:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Aight... I agree with the other guys, but I'm going to be a bit more "real world" about it.

I mean this in all honesty, and for your own safety as well as the safety of those on the roads around you... NOT as a personal dig on you necessarily...

If you HONESTLY think that you need straps to keep your arms on the bike, do yourself a favor and the people around you on the roads and DO NOT ride an M109R. No, I am NOT joking.

The fact that you even asked this question tells me that you're:
1) not comfortable,
2) not capable,
3) and not safe...
riding this (or maybe any) motorcycle, UNTIL you get some instruction and experience riding.

Not to mention that straps are just a really really REALLY REALLY BAD idea. In the event that you do lose control, why would you want to strap yourself to a bull?

Again, I don't mean it as an insult, but if you're new to motorcycles and/or are uncomfortable with the power, get yourself into a safety course and learn to ride, and get a smaller less powerful bike to learn on.

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
Aight... I agree with the other guys, but I'm going to be a bit more "real world" about it.

I mean this in all honesty, and for your own safety as well as the safety of those on the roads around you... NOT as a personal dig on you necessarily...

If you HONESTLY think that you need straps to keep your arms on the bike, do yourself a favor and the people around you on the roads and DO NOT ride an M109R. No, I am NOT joking.

The fact that you even asked this question tells me that you're:
1) not comfortable,
2) not capable,
3) and not safe...
riding this (or maybe any) motorcycle, UNTIL you get some instruction and experience riding.

Not to mention that straps are just a really really REALLY REALLY BAD idea. In the event that you do lose control, why would you want to strap yourself to a bull?

Again, I don't mean it as an insult, but if you're new to motorcycles and/or are uncomfortable with the power, get yourself into a safety course and learn to ride, and get a smaller less powerful bike to learn on.
Well said. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Why use wii remote straps when you could just attach yourself like this guy did? haha, good luck bud. You might want to start out on a ladies bike or something if you can't handle the 9 maybe a harley sportster 883 or even better this little badboy, errrr badgirl 50 cc's of raw estrogen pumping power!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
With a noob to the forum it is rather hard to know their sense of humor. he could be serious.
Boy I sure hope not. I tend to look for the good side of things and sometimes I am truly dumbfounded that people do the things they do. I am surprised though, that anyone would actually post that if they were serious. Those guys usually end up on a police log somewhere....

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Boy I sure hope not. I tend to look for the good side of things and sometimes I am truly dumbfounded that people do the things they do. I am surprised though, that anyone would actually post that if they were serious. Those guys usually end up on a police log somewhere....
I look at it this way if he is dumb enough to try it then that is Gods way of weeding his weak mind and body out of the gene pool, that way there are no offspring to be tools just like him.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I don't think the guy is entirely new to motorcycles. I believe that he once stated that he was coming of a 650--don't know how long he had it, tough. One thing is for certain, he has been complaining about his hands hurting since he got this beast. I am a newbie myself and this is my first owned bike (3 weeks now) and I have never felt this pain that he is experiencing; Although I don't try to choke onto the grips. I also do not rev it up to 3500 rpm to change from 1st to 2nd gear and I think this is where his problem lies and as stated on his first sentence. You need to loosen up, you are way too tense. You also need to learn your bike's characteristics and behavior before even attempting to get close to the 3500 rpm's in the lower gears. Just my 2 cents. Stay Safe.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I wasn't trying to run him off, but he needs to know that if he was serious his thought process was way off base. Next he will ask about a 280 on a stock rim and how to turn his FI light off. And I will politely point him to the FAQ's that Hink has so kindly posted.......... Yeah whatever, I'll be a smarta$$ then point him in the right direction!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I don't think the guy is entirely new to motorcycles. I believe that he once stated that he was coming of a 650--don't know how long he had it, tough. One thing is for certain, he has been complaining about his hands hurting since he got this beast. I am a newbie myself and this is my first owned bike (3 weeks now) and I have never felt this pain that he is experiencing; Although I don't try to choke onto the grips. I also do not rev it up to 3500 rpm to change from 1st to 2nd gear and I think this is where his problem lies and as stated on his first sentence. You need to loosen up, you are way too tense. You also need to learn your bike's characteristics and behavior before even attempting to get close to the 3500 rpm's in the lower gears. Just my 2 cents. Stay Safe.
It took me a couple weeks to get comfortable and I would like to think that every time I ride I am finding more techniques to help wrestle or guide this "polar bear on steriods" through the twisties. The BRC and ARC that I took (for free) here on post helped me alot and now the hardest thing with this bike (parking lots) is kinda fun to whip into a spot or bust a U-turn without touching feet and making my buddy on his Night Train look bad! haha:D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts