M109 Rider Forums banner

Looking for Pics of M109Rs with Saddlebags

37K views 34 replies 29 participants last post by  Beastmaster03 
#1 ·
Picked up my M109R last week and looking to put some saddlebags on it. I'd appreciate you guys posting some pics of saddlebags you have so I can see a few actually on bikes before purchasing. I love the Corbins, but $1,700!!!!!! :edit:

Thanks

#22 ·
Matuza saddlebags

Here's mine with Mutazu MU hardbags. I changed the lights on mine because the stock ones aren't work a crap. Can barely see them at night, and they're useless in the daytime. Oh, and the Mutazu bags were $330 shipped direct from Nutazu.com.

-Josh
Hey Josh, I have an 08 nine and are too using Matuza saddlebags, not the same model as yours but mine are the long ones that are slimmer. Are you using the universal mounts that came with your bags? I'm currently using ghost brackets but they stick out too far plus they seem to rock side to side while riding. any ideas on mounting options other than ghost brackets? I still have the universal mounts but havne't figured out how they would mount. thanks .

mine are the JM hard bags listed here: http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?cat_id=7&menu=Hard Saddlebags&s=prod.php

#3 ·
If you do a search you will find many threads of pics of saddle bags. Here's one of the first good one's I've found

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108783&highlight=saddle+bags

I agree the Corbin's are nice but not cheap and they don't allow for the luggage rack if you want more room while traveling.

I'm thinking of getting the K-Drive bags (DLP sells them) They are not listed but I think I've seen them in a lockable version on another site

Or the Strong Bags from the below link and ghost brackets for quick removing. These bags can come painted but I've been told its better to have them painted locally.
http://tsukayu.com/Strong.htm

#4 ·
I responded in the thread MN Diesel linked, but I added another set that I like a little better.

These are the small Mutazu bags in the link. They work fine but are a little small for more than a couple day's ride. I modified these to work on the same mounts as the LeatherLyke bags further down, so either set goes on and off in less than 2 minutes. All that is left on the bike is a couple dowels that look like bungee buttons.

Mutazu bags that I put on right after getting the bike.

LeatherLyke bags that I added this summer. You can easily pack enough stuff for a 3-4 day weekend in these and still have space left over.

#8 ·
LeatherLyke bags that I added this summer. You can easily pack enough stuff for a 3-4 day weekend in these and still have space left over.

How do you like the Leather Lyke bags. I thought about them since they are cheaper and lockable while quick removable. I don't think they look the best but for the price and how often I would use them they may be the winners. how do you like the mounting system on the 9. Are they pretty stable.

#5 ·
I have the OEM saddle bags and they're OK :-\. Not bad since I paid $200 for them used, I don't think I'd pay the $400 for them new. Not a lot of capacity and the hard plastic back plate does not allow the passenger to move there foot back on the peg.

#7 ·
Does anyone have a picture of the bike with hard plastic OEM saddlebags on it. I plan on getting those, and would like to see how it looks.
I'm talking about the ones like in the picture.
I can't find any pictures of these guys anywhere. Are they good?
I looked but didn't get any good pictures. I met a guy that was a friend of a friend on the way to sturgis that had the factory hard bags. They don't look bad but I'd rather have something that is quick detachable.

#21 ·
#24 · (Edited)

I brought my bags cheap on eBay. They have about 3/4 the space of my Goldwing sidebags. The large taillights they come with has been fiberglassed over. I removed the bottom rear molding and replaced with two rows of LEDs in it's place. It's very discreet, but when the signals are on, you can't miss them:D

#32 ·
:eek:ldpost:

#34 ·
I had the standard Suzuki bags, but I found them to be too small for my purposes and it was also a pain having to bolt and unbolt them to the bike. I ended up getting these Edge lockable quick release bags which are absolutely brilliant!!!!
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.