M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am new to this board and just bought a silver 109. I have a helmet that is painted up uin a silver World War II Warbird paint scheme. I saw a V-Rod at the EAA Oshkosh Airshow a couple years ago that had a warbird paint schem on it. I was one of the Ccoolest paint jobs I have ever seen. I am an avid aviator and would think a warbird paint scheme would look great on an M109R. I would love to here from you all on where/who I should go to, or at least point me in a good direction that I go to invetigate this idea further. Thanks so much for your help.

Dan

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Got a couple guys in Northern Alabama that can hook you up. There's also a member of the board here that will do it, but I forget where he's located at.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Can you post some pictures of what you want to do? If I can't do it I can refer you to another great painter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Swede said:
Here I'll load it for you. Hopefully this is the one.
That's it exactly. I would love to do something similar for the paint on my 109. I can only imagine what that would look like going down the road.

Dan

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
That would be very cool, do you want to do the pin up also? Give me a call and we can discuss your time frame and cost.

·
Registered
849 Posts
VTOAK, Can you do the pinup thing?
I have no interests in flames, etc. but I've always thought my Black 109 with a nice pinup on each side of the tank, perhaps one on the rear fender like the WW11 bombers would be cool. The long-legged Lana Turner sort of thing and then leave the rest to you.
Jer

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I am planning to get the Force RR version of that helmet..........I think it would look good on my silver beast :p

now I just have to wait for the rest of my vacation check ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bonehead,

That is the actual helmet I have. The other picture I posted was off the company website and served it's purpose. The one good thing about the older helmet is the lady is somewhat clothed. I sometimes get mixed reviews...depending if it's from the soccer mom crowd or other bikers. ;)

BTW- It looks great with the mirrored front lens. You can even see through it at night. Take care.

Dan

Bonehead said:
I am planning to get the Force RR version of that helmet..........I think it would look good on my silver beast :p

now I just have to wait for the rest of my vacation check ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
VTXOAK,

I do want to do the pin up as well. I think she would look good on the front portion of the tank or on the front fender(front or Side).
The time frame will probably be after the summer and I'll give you a call about ideas and cost. Do you come up with drawings prior to doing the paint?

BTW, I liked that red paint job you did on yours.

Dan

vtxoak said:
That would be very cool, do you want to do the pin up also? Give me a call and we can discuss your time frame and cost.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
dlangworthy1 said:
BTW- It looks great with the mirrored front lens. You can even see through it at night. Take care.
Thanks was wondering how dark the mirrored sheild was since I do alot of my riding at night :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
dlangworthy1 said:
VTXOAK,

I do want to do the pin up as well. I think she would look good on the front portion of the tank or on the front fender(front or Side).
The time frame will probably be after the summer and I'll give you a call about ideas and cost. Do you come up with drawings prior to doing the paint?

BTW, I liked that red paint job you did on yours.

Dan
Do you have any other pictures other than the helmet to work from? I would love to talk to you about it, give me a call when you are ready 813-671-8640.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts