M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I am looking for some advice. I know most people here have used something like the Kuryakyn grips with the rubber inserts but I do not like the "Look" personally. Have you seen the factory grips like these?

What do yoiu think of them? Any used them and installed them? Any other suggestions not mentioned here? Thanks guys!
(my Nine is at a custom shop getting the factory wheels polished and 250 rubber on the rear. I can't wait!)

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
I have the black hard engraved m109 grips they give no comfort what so ever and I always wear gloves for comfort also are very cold in the early/late season time of riding.I only keep them cause i like the way they look.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
I just put on my first set of metal grips last weekend and love them. I actually have tried two sets since then. The first set was a "holey" set that was a constant diameter like those, the second set is the torpedo design with a thicker center and pointed end. I prefer the torpedo design as it fits the contours of the hands better.

I had the ISO grips on it for almost 3 years and got tired of the black you get on your hands from them. Funny, but we rode over 250 miles today and my hands never went numb a single time, and they did frequently with the ISO grips and the stock grips. I'm not sure why something solid would be less likely to do that. I do wear gloves with them too.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
I just put on my first set of metal grips last weekend and love them. I actually have tried two sets since then. The first set was a "holey" set that was a constant diameter like those, the second set is the torpedo design with a thicker center and pointed end. I prefer the torpedo design as it fits the contours of the hands better.

I had the ISO grips on it for almost 3 years and got tired of the black you get on your hands from them. Funny, but we rode over 250 miles today and my hands never went numb a single time, and they did frequently with the ISO grips and the stock grips. I'm not sure why something solid would be less likely to do that. I do wear gloves with them too.
:nopic: of those grips you are talking about zoom :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
:nopic: of those grips you are talking about zoom :bigthumbsup:
I've got some other things I need to get pictures of, so I'll grab some of them tomorrow at the same time. Along with what all I had to do to install them, since they were a cheap set off ebay.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
Here's the torpedo style grips. These are the cheaper ones sold on ebay, and they don't fit the bike. I had to bore the hole out in the control housing about 1/8" larger and cut about 3/4" off the ends of the bars to get them on. But they feel good and I think they look OK too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts