M109 Rider Forums banner

Looking for colorado riders

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Trouble_Is 
#1 ·
Doesnt seem to be alot of people out here from the colorado area, how many of us is there?? would like to set up a ride!!

#5 ·
Denver here :D

#7 ·
Viper_814 said:
Doesnt seem to be alot of people out here from the colorado area, how many of us is there?? would like to set up a ride!!
Now you tell me. I just had my son-in-law haul my Burple down to Florida for the winter. I will be riding down there from October until April. Burp will be back in Colo in June, ready to ride.

#9 ·
Griiririan said:
I'm currently living in Colorado Springs. I'll be heading up to Cripple Creek this weekend for the rally.Â
I live in the Spgs too. Are you the guy I've been seeing on the Burple.? I have a Burple. I keep seeing a Burple around town, but every time I see the Burp, I happen to be in a car. Right now I am Burpleless, with my bike having just safely made it down to Florida.

#11 ·
wildwolf said:
Haul? If you were my father-in-law....I'd have rode it down to you..and you'd flown my butt back. :)
He would have loved to ride it down, but his wife and 3 kids under 6 just wouldn't understand. I would have ridden it down myself, but I ran into the same problem. Women just don't understand us. However, I would say the feeling is mutual. I don't understand how she can watch the food channel 24/7 and she doesn't like football.

#12 ·
Colorado Road Report:
I discovered a couple of cool things on my usual 60-80 mile Sunday ride. There are ~165 turns in 17 mile going up Lefthand Canyon. This is my favorite way up to the Peak to Peak Highway. It takes me about 25-35 minutes. Then I cruise out towards Estes Park and Co7 down to Lyons or go into Estes and take US36 down if I want a longer ride. To my surprise CO7 has a fresh coat of black sticky pavement. OMG, Wow! It is like a dream cruising down to Lyons.

Google map of the area:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=&ie=UTF8&ll=40.093832,-105.353394&spn=0.343531,0.459366&om=1

How are the roads in your area? What are your favorite routes?

G
#14 ·
Ha for anyone interested I was thinking about doing the following ride next weekend.

Ok take 470 to 74 head west, at evergreen lake take 74rd then turn north on 475rd when it ends take 103 east and it puts you back on 74, then take 74 to 70/40 and back home. It looks like a good 3hr ride but I'll have to see when I get there. if anyones up for this please let me know. I'll be heading out around 10am saturday

#15 ·
I live in Colorado Springs. I've only seen one other 109 (Silver). Unfortunately got caught at a light and he /she was gone. Would love to meet other 109 riders. Missed the rally in Cripple Creek. The wife didn't want to ride in all that rain. I see a VeteranS Ride coming up in SEPT. Hope to see you all out there.

FIRST BLACK 2007 ON THE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!! :bigthumbsup:

#16 ·
firecat said:
Ha for anyone interested I was thinking about doing the following ride next weekend.

Ok take 470 to 74 head west, at evergreen lake take 74rd then turn north on 475rd when it ends take 103 east and it puts you back on 74, then take 74 to 70/40 and back home. It looks like a good 3hr ride but I'll have to see when I get there. if anyones up for this please let me know. I'll be heading out around 10am saturday
Brrrrrr! Saturady is looking pretty cold (for this time of year). 475rd looks like a housing development with all the roads snaking around it. Have you been up it before? Is it paved?

#17 ·
firecat said:

That's gonna be a nice ride. We did that about a month ago, trying to get to Mt. Evans but the road was closed at Echo Lake because it was SNOWING at the summit (yes...snow in July ::) ) Have fun and watch out for the critters - they're pretty thick up there :duck:

This picture was taken just after we turned onto Squaw Pass Rd. (Hwy 103) from Evergreen Parkway:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.