M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a digram the other day on the clutch plates that show how the wave washer is turned, it was a great digram, but now i cant find it. Can anyone help me please. Thanks for your time.:dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
I found a bunch of different diagrams but I'm not sure which one you need. Instead of trying to link them all, I'll tell you how I found them.

Click on the Search link at the top of the board. In the search box type in "clutch plate" with the quotes. This will search for both words together. I tried it for "clutch wave" but only turned up two threads and neither had a diagram. Might try "wave washer" too.

Another tip, if you right click on the Search and open it in a new window, it gives you more options. Or when you click on search click on Advanced Search.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Unless you're wanting the exploded schematic from the parts manual, this is the best diagram I have -- from the service manual.

(Since this is all you're wanting, I'm not going to worry about breaking tables here at the forums with a large image. It's a small file anyway.)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Interesting to note that the engineers made a small mistake in that bottom-right diagram.

It shows the smaller cross-sectional width as being 3.4mm, whereas the larger cross-sectional width is marked as 2.9mm. The numbers should be reversed, as they are displayed correctly in the diagram for (A).

Guess you have to be OCD to notice it, but whatever. It's wrong, and could confuse someone who isn't paying attention.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
I saw a digram the other day on the clutch plates that show how the wave washer is turned, it was a great digram, but now i cant find it. Can anyone help me please. Thanks for your time.:dontknow:
The wave washer is always installed with the cupped side facing out. Suzuki has been doing that for at least 25 years on their clutch packs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts