M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thing if Honda don't make some changes this bmw may take the top spot!!
Something like 160 hp and 140 fpt. It shoud be a nice bike to take to the hill as well as the FW and all you need is about $25,000

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Thats what my Hayabusa Buddy wants next! But with ALL the xtras I think it is over $30k.Gregg

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,086 Posts
I just read a short review of that in Cycle World or Motorcyclist. Should be a great bike. That's got an inline 6 cylinder, not an opposed engine like the Goldwing. I was surprised they could fit an engine that long in it.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I just read a short review of that in Cycle World or Motorcyclist. Should be a great bike. That's got an inline 6 cylinder, not an opposed engine like the Goldwing. I was surprised they could fit an engine that long in it.
I read the inline 6 is only a couple inches wider than the inline 4.Gregg

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
i like the kawasaki concourse, but im also digging this

·
Registered
299 Posts
Touring bikes.

There are a lot of really nice new rides out there,but like so many of us,I can't afford to buy one at the moment.If the $$ were there,I still don't know what I would buy,so for now,I will stick with my 1982 Z1300 for touring,the Rickman/Kawasaki Z900 for the hills,and the M for posing.Life is GOOD! KEZZ.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
It doesn't look like it would be in the same class as the wing. JMO

Just have Rick get one, he's got the space for it.:D

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What hard to beat with the wing is how long they will last if you baby it the way I do :D 140,000 miles and I think it will go another 140,000 :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have ridden the Honda ST1300 and it is a great bike. I was very pleased with the ride and the way it was set up. It has some assss to it as well. It is on my get list for long trips.

·
Registered
293 Posts
For a full out touring cruiser, Goldwing obviously wins. However,
my department just bought several 2011 Kawasaki Concours
sport tourers for us, and after testing several different bikes,
lemme tell ya, nothing beats the C-14 for an amazing cross of
comfort, style, power, and function.

On a side note, I can't WAIT till our bikes get here!! :cop:

·
Registered
940 Posts
I looked at a lot of sport touring bikes and decided the Concours was the best choice for me. An excellent machine that won't brake the bank.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I looked at a lot of sport touring bikes and decided the Concours was the best choice for me. An excellent machine that won't brake the bank.
Not sure how the warranty is now, but when I bought mine back in 2008 it had a 3 year no mileage warranty. I have 49,000 miles on it and just took it in because the rear tire pressure sensor quit working and it is on the house.

I guess they don't expect people to ride. :a20:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Not sure how the warranty is now, but when I bought mine back in 2008 it had a 3 year no mileage warranty. I have 49,000 miles on it and just took it in because the rear tire pressure sensor quit working and it is on the house.

I guess they don't expect people to ride. :a20:
Still 3 year unlimited mileage. My C14 already had a 3 year extended warranty so mine is covered until August 2013. I will be having my rotors and rear TPS replaced next month.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts