M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll,

I just moved to Johns Creek and I'm looking for a mechanic to work on my bike. There's only one dealer close by and they gave me a little attitude so I'm definitely still looking.

I would prefer to find someone who is either a Suzuki tech or very experienced working on them. If he wants to do it one the side he would be welcome to work on it at my place.

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
The best DEALER around this area that I know of is Cycle World in Athens, GA. I do most of the work myself on my bikes but I did have them check the valves on my VTX (twice) and 109....no complaints.

CCS Customs in Conyers has done some work for some of the fellas here and have nothing but good things to say about them. Darren is the owner. Here is his website:
http://www.ccscustoms.com/

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. I appreciate the info. I have a clutch that's shuddering which from what I have read means drilling out holes in the clutch basket or getting a new clutch assembly. That's not something I'd like to attempt myself - custom mods yes, digging into the clutch is beyond my ability.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Thanks man. I appreciate the info. I have a clutch that's shuddering which from what I have read means drilling out holes in the clutch basket or getting a new clutch assembly. That's not something I'd like to attempt myself - custom mods yes, digging into the clutch is beyond my ability.
I can help if you want and hopefully save you some $$$!! I've been into mine a few times and helped another local out with his.

Is it doing the wheel hop on start or is it doing something else?

How often is it doing it?

·
Registered
257 Posts
:agree:

clutch isn't really that difficult. lucky's right.. you'll save a ton doing it yourself.

As far as I know, the verdict is still out on how drilling plates works out in the long run.. i get shudder occasionally but not too bad.. I just get into neutral at stop lights.. that seems to get rid of most of it.

good luck.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll try the neutral option. If I don't roll-off easy from a stoplight the shudder can be pretty nasty, and I feel it when pulling higher RPM's when shifting from 2nd to 3rd.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can help if you want and hopefully save you some $$$!! I've been into mine a few times and helped another local out with his.

Is it doing the wheel hop on start or is it doing something else?

How often is it doing it?
No wheel hop. The bike just shudders. If I roll-off easy from a stop it's ok. I also feel it when shifting from 2nd to 3rd at higher RPM's.

I may take you up on the offer. All the heavy maintenance work I've done is on cars even though I've had a bike since I was 8. I've never torn one apart so I'm not comfortable digging into it.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
No wheel hop. The bike just shudders. If I roll-off easy from a stop it's ok. I also feel it when shifting from 2nd to 3rd at higher RPM's.

I may take you up on the offer. All the heavy maintenance work I've done is on cars even though I've had a bike since I was 8. I've never torn one apart so I'm not comfortable digging into it.
There is going to be some vibration or a little lull around that 2800-3200 rpm range, they just about all do it. What concerns me is whether or not the shutter is the beginning of the Tube Nut backing off. Then again your definition of a shutter may be different than mine. :dontknow:

As far as drilling the plates, I wouldn't do that until you try realigning the plates themselves so that the teeth line up and allow a continuous flow all the way to the front of the basket. They are usually staggered throughout the basket which means the teeth on the next corresponding plate interferes with the flow of the oil across the basket which may and I stress may effect the consistent/equal lubing of the entire assembly.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is what I was worried about.

What year is the bike and how many miles are on it?

The other issue could be the motor mounts.
2007 with about 18,000 miles (I ride almost every day). There's also an issue with downshifting if I don't rev the rpms. It's a sudden jerking as if the clutch is almost engaging violently.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
2007 with about 18,000 miles (I ride almost every day). There's also an issue with downshifting if I don't rev the rpms. It's a sudden jerking as if the clutch is almost engaging violently.
Definetly sounds as if you've got some play/slack in the clutch somewheres whether it is in the cable adjustment and/or the clutch itself. If the Tube Nut is backing off there can be a delay in the engagement from a stop or a roll if the basket is not seating in properly with the gears. I would really be careful if you ride it until you figure out the issue. If the issue is the tube not and it backs off to much it can be really bad! Let me know if you need some help and maybe we can figure something out. Bobby and I are planning a little tool wrenching day when he gets his pipes maybe you can join us if needed and we can all look at it together. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
:agree:
me tooo
I'd love to hover and observe if you guys dont mind.. I'm getting the 1st gear "shudder" at takeoff sometimes.
Let me get with Bobby today and see if he has any better idea of when his pipes are going to be here but he may need to call them tomorrow to get a more accurate date. If it looks like it's going to be a little ways out we might need to do this clutch work on a separate day so it's not holding anybody up from ridding. It really doesn't take to long to get into the side unless you have stock pipes, that can make it a little longer but not to bad. So if some of the others want to go in and check that tube nut we could do more than one bike that day. :bigthumbsup:

I will get back with you guys once I/We (Bobby) get a better clue.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds good. BTW - would you happen to know anyone good with an airbrush? I would like to play with different paint schemes on one of my helmets before having my bike done.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Sounds good. BTW - would you happen to know anyone good with an airbrush? I would like to play with different paint schemes on one of my helmets before having my bike done.
Check this guy out. His name is Darren and there is a couple guys that have had him do some work for them. I've had him put a mechanical stuff but nothing custom but I have seen some of his work and I know he has a great contact for Airbrushing. He recently just finished Georgia Rollers Bike.

http://www.ccscustoms.com/

·
Registered
444 Posts
Let me get with Bobby today and see if he has any better idea of when his pipes are going to be here but he may need to call them tomorrow to get a more accurate date. If it looks like it's going to be a little ways out we might need to do this clutch work on a separate day so it's not holding anybody up from ridding. It really doesn't take to long to get into the side unless you have stock pipes, that can make it a little longer but not to bad. So if some of the others want to go in and check that tube nut we could do more than one bike that day. :bigthumbsup:

I will get back with you guys once I/We (Bobby) get a better clue.
Me too:D I'd love to hang out and watch you guys in action!

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
We'll my pipes are still on backorder from DLP (and everywhere else for that matter). I have a ship date of 7/15 but that isn't a guarantee; I say we set a shop day up for others and worry about my pipes when/if they ever come in LOL.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts