M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few guys have said that they got theirs from DLP, I've looked all over the site and haven't been able to find it. Can someone point it out for me or tell me where else I can get a good kit.
Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No love for an R2 guy? :-[

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
check out ryans and Hink's link.

I bought mine from DDM TUNING . 55 watt 8000k it is a little bigger than the 35 watt . not sure if it will fit on the R2

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hey Stiltz79, I tried your link but it looks like they only deal with off road trucks.

edit: After going threw Rynos list and hitting Ducks site it looks like the same place, weird.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
The R2 headlight does not offer a lot of room for the HID ballast. You need at least a space that is 4" x 1.5" x 2". You may could mount it between the tree if you can water proof it. Still, the cable between the ballast and the bulb is relatively short and often determines where it can go.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
Drop me a PM. I know the A&R kit works on the R2. I have installed several A&R kits on R2 9's. I have a picture of it on the group buy thread.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Any kit that fits an R1 will fit an R2. The trick is hiding the ballest and wires. I got mine on ebay for $40.00, HID Low Halogen High. I mounted my ballest under the Light assy by the little bulb using tapping screws into the plastic housing, and then hiding the wires behind the light as best I could. Wrap all the wires with black tape so they blend in.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
Any kit that fits an R1 will fit an R2. The trick is hiding the ballest and wires. I got mine on ebay for $40.00, HID Low Halogen High. I mounted my ballest under the Light assy by the little bulb using tapping screws into the plastic housing, and then hiding the wires behind the light as best I could. Wrap all the wires with black tape so they blend in.
I can tell you that if done right you can not see the A&R kit unless you look in the headlight itself and see a different bulb. I am very anal when I install mods. I hate seeing wires and crap. And when you turn the R2 to the lock position, full left. You see a lot of that back of the headlight.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
The harness is long enough with out being to long. Here is where I have installed the guts of the HIDs on R2's. The kit pictures is a High/Low HID kit.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I would post a pick of mine turned to lock, but my bike is still in the shop. I agree that the R2 does not leave much room to hide things, and my wires were not long enough to put the ballest under the tank. The way I did it you cannot see the ballest at all, I am pretty happy with the way mine turned out.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
R2 doable but tite.... lotta work getting it all tucked in there.. but WORTH IT!!!!!!!! Oh and do the Stebel horn while youre in there. also WORTH IT.....Contact Rynosback, he'll hook u up......

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
R2 doable but tite.... lotta work getting it all tucked in there.. but WORTH IT!!!!!!!! Oh and do the Stebel horn while youre in there. also WORTH IT.....Contact Rynosback, he'll hook u up......
Another GREAT mod. But you you will need to put that one under the side cover.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Another GREAT mod. But you you will need to put that one under the side cover.
Oh right! Not sure which I like better the lite or horn......

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Get the plug and play kit

I have both! Thanks to Jd and Big Papa who helped me with the stebel horn install at the mid atlantic meet!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts