M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM A CURRENT OWNER OF A SUZUKI 800 INTRUDER, AND I LOVE THIS BIKE A LOT. BUT I NOW FEEL THAT I WANT MORE POWER AND SPEED  :D SO I AM LOOKING AT THE M109R AS MY NEXT BIKE. THE ONLY THING THAT IS HOLDING ME UP, IS THAT THE BIKES WEIGHT IS MUCH MORE THAN THE BIKE I HAVE NOW. ME BEING AT 160 POUNDS WHEN WET, I AM WORRIED THAT THIS MIGHT BE TOO MUCH BIKE :( I REALLY WANT THIS BIKE, CAN ANYONE SET MY MIND AT EASE? THIS SITE IS KICK ASS, AND I KNOW I WILL GET SOME GREAT FEED BACK FROM YOU GUYS, AND GALS.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Can you bench press your other bike? :joke: This bike feels lighter than any other cruiser that I have riddin and I've riddin a few. I don't think you will have any problem with it. Go for it. :doorag:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I say find a test ride... once you do you'll be addicted like the rest of us.... I personally can't find the 700# dry weight on her unless i am backing her up an incline.... other than that she is light as a feather...

so bacisally.. i say Go for it! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
139 Posts
APM,

I came from a C50 and have not looked back. Yes it weighs a little more, but the overall rideability is 100% better. You'll feel like you have a real motorcycle under you. Don't hesitate, go for it!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Lamonster said:
Can you bench press your other bike? :joke: This bike feels lighter than any other cruiser that I have riddin and I've riddin a few. I don't think you will have any problem with it. Go for it. :doorag:
+1
This bike feels lighter than my 1600 Mean Streak which felt about the same as my 1100 Honda Shadow before that.
So try a test ride and see how you handle it

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I came fom a Vmaxx.....Whilst quick, fast ...not as stout as a 109 ! Just buy the Damn thing....ask questions later.` :super:

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm at my competition weight at the moment- I'm 5'7" and 150lbs. Big bikes don't scare me. Royal Star, valkyrie, VTX 1800 and now the 109r.( I've picked it up off the floor once. oops - no scratches) When you experience the difference in power delivery from a classic cruiser compared to a power cruiser YOU'LL KNOW YOU REALLY WANT IT..
Also our jockey weights got to be worth 10 hp. :a18:

·
Registered
666 Posts
APM
i was the same way as you ..im 5'7" 175lbsÂ
i was scared that i would buy this awesome bike and not be able to handle it... guss what ? i was so wrong :D
the scary part was none of the dealers would let me test ride one ::) so i rolled the dice went down to the dealer with the best price and got me one :bigthumbsup:
the ride home was 30miles before we left the dealer i said to my ohhh sheet what did i do :eek: what if i cant handle this beast....so i rode it up the street first to get a feel for it ...man O man!!

the power of a monster & the handling of a 500lbs bike.. i was smiles form ear to ear :hot:

ill put it this way
the ride home takes me 45min we left at 1pm i did not come home till 9pm :D

GET THE BIKE
and thank us later

look at this thing :evil:

·
Registered
666 Posts
LOL Ben

there was no way i was going home that soon the bike was just way to awesome to stop riding :D

can you believe i still go out to the garage like 4x a night just to look at it :clap2:.....the wife unit thinks i have lost it ..lmao

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dude!! I went from a yamaha r6 (under 400 lbs) to this monster. I weigh 175lbs you will not feel the weight of this bike trust me. I was really surprised how well balanced and how easy it is to ride this bike. This is my first cruiser coming from sports bikes I must say you cant go wrong here buddy. :bigthumbsup:

By the way just got past my 600 mile point and finally opened it up ""Holy S#!t"" This bike is bad a$$

If you decide to buy a m109r check the oil before you leave the dealership (no matter what they tell you) save yourself a headache. Do a search for overfill.

Good luck!

·
Registered
572 Posts
texas109 said:
LOL Ben

there was no way i was going home that soon the bike was just way to awesome to stop riding :D

can you believe i still go out to the garage like 4x a night just to look at it :clap2:.....the wife unit thinks i have lost it ..lmao
Yeah, I understand the feeling...

Last night I drove out to Katy to show a friend, trying to get him to buy one...

Took Fry road back home... and then when I hit 290... said not time to go home yet... and rode to 1960... took that to 249 and said screw it, not time yet either, and kept going to 45.... took that to Conroe.... finally turned around and came back along 2920... ended up doing 100 miles about :)

Only gone 3 hours total I think, but it was a FUN TIME :)

So yes, I know the feeling well... my wife knows when I get on her and go ride, to not expect me for at least an hour, most likely two or three ;)

:)

·
Registered
190 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Considering you are an experienced rider, you should have no problem whatsoever with this bike do to your size. I've ridden a number of different cruisers, and this bike in comparison is the most incredible handling bike I've ever ridden. Go for it!

G

·
Like most everyone else said here, buy it! Even if you can't get a test ride. I've had crotch rockets, a Gold Wing, a VTX 1800 and this bike is by far the best all around bike I ever had. Ya, it's not as fast as my past rockets, but overall - it is fast as hell, handles like a dream and you won't be able to wipe the smile off your face.

Only bad thing about it is getting off it and parking it until you can ride it again!!!

Ride Safe, Rob

·
Registered
24 Posts
WITH THAT FAT ASS TIRE YOU WONT GET COUGHT UP OFF OF A SUDDEN STOP WITH ALL THAT WEIGHT 2 ONE SIDE KNOW WHAT I MEAN I BET YOU WERE COUGHT A FEW TIMES LIKE THAT WITH THE 800 YOU WONT DO IT ONCE WITH THE M109R YOUR FOOTING JUST WONT ALLOW IT THAT TIRE KEEP IT BALANCED EVERYTIME YOU COME TO A STOP LIGHT SHE'S NOT LIKE OTHER CRUISERS YOU WONT NEED MUCH STRENGTH

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
get a gym membership and buy the bike!!! :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey APM. I just recently parked my 800 Intruder  :(that I've been riding for 13 years for the 109. :D All the great things we love about the Intruder, the tire lifting low end torch, the quickness and the handling  :hot: - oh the handling, it's all there in the 109. The only time you'll think about the weight difference is when you get that glued to the road feeling in the turns  :clap2:, or if you are trying to roll it backwards in the grass :redfaced:. The guys at the stealership were like "thats a big change blah blah blah wah wah. When I got on this bike I felt like I was on my 800x2 Intruder. :bigthumbsup:
You will love the M109R!! Get one and enjoy!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I traded my VZ 800 in on my 109 . the balance of this bike is sooooooooo much better . you won't even notice the extra weight . go fer it , I did , and I love it .

1 - 20 of 25 Posts