M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks all for this site and the excellent way it's done - fresh air at last.
I looking to by an M109 and as you can tell, very green to this site ;) I have read most of the topics and was not only pleased but informed :bigthumbsup: I'm here in San Antonio Tx, I currently ride a Kawi (ZZR1200 - Silver) with 37,600 mi on it. Have owned: XS 400, 85Honda Magna 700cc (great bike), FJ1200, British ZZR1100 and now the Zed.
Some questions:
Does anyone own the red M109? Have pics?
what about pricing of the 2007 model (Hi Low)? around here, stealership selling 14,1 - 15,399.99.
Can't seem to find back rest - any hints?
For minor adjusts, what would you do to the bike? - on the lines of what you dislike (side stand nut cover, etc)

As you can see, I'm switching riding styles - ya kno, age, etc. The big (real) cruisers r not my style yet, hence the M109. I think this will be the best transition from sport riding :D

I welcome your response and thank you for your time. Again, OUTSTANDING site!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
:welcome:  fellow san antonian...

i see the above posting gotcha a link to a pic of a red one....

the best thing i like about my 109, is the power and styling...
it handles great too.....

the dealer in new braunfels, was gettin full retail, i guess most are in this area.

there are backrest available i've read, even though i dont want or have one.

things i'd change?,...well, the foot brake pedal needs to be a bit higher, but it dont take long to do that yourself....kickstand is easy to find....hmmmm......not much that i can think of other than minor (personal taste mods) like smaller aftermarket turn signals etc...

i really dont have any real negatives overall about this bike..i really enjoy riding it.
tc

G

·
You posted that dealers are selling them in your area 14-15k??? That is WAY over retail. Like 2k + over retail. i would keep looking even if you have to do some traveling. That is robbery.

·
Registered
592 Posts
This will be a great transition bike for you and man it is a blast to ride and now you know where to find a great Brotherhood of riders to go with it :welcome:
Let us know what you end up with.
This is my Slammed M-109 :bigthumbsup:

Big Joe.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bruno said:
You posted that dealers are selling them in your area 14-15k??? That is WAY over retail. Like 2k + over retail. i would keep looking even if you have to do some traveling. That is robbery.
That's why I came here to the site, thanks. Can't seem ta get past the stealership price here unless there's something else. Can anyone out there pass me some info??

·
Registered
592 Posts
rob850glt said:
Nice Big Joe
Thanks Bro!
Now go get that new Scoot and just so you know I paid $11,000.00 + T&L out the door for the 2006 silver. So far I like Red the best :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found this: Stealership included a maintenance thing (free tune-ups, oil change, etc). They start the bike at $12.099. They state this is better than the Suzuki warranty. Now my questioned to the site is this:
I don't (can't) do major work on the bike. Sounds like folks got the bike without anything else and I can't seem ta shake that big gulp feeling from the stealership.

Anyone out there know of a gr8 dealer (in TX) and what are the views with stealership warranties?? :dontknow:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
raw_taz said:
DaltonH is buying from TX dealer and sounds like he has a good deal made. PM him.

TAZ
Thanks, sent him pm ;)

·
Registered
898 Posts
of the many bikes i have owend 3 of them were a 99 ZRX ... 02 ZZR and an 04 ZRX which i traded on the 109 .. i think you will like the 109 if you are looking for a torque laying fast ass cruiser with a phat tire  :bigthumbsup: welcome fellow texan..

khrome

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey I don't wrench either but have started several simple mods. This site is great for helping you with info. Since the bike comes with just about everything there isn't much to do right away - so go ride it for the first 1000 miles and then you'll be ready for the mods.

Several people here in Texas have good things to say about their local stealer's. Call around you should be able to get price quotes and then take a ride.

I used Woods Fun center here in Austin and bought the first 109 here. Paid $13,900 but at that time no one else had them.

Good luck and don't forget to check out the Texas Riders section of this site!

·
Registered
775 Posts
call suzuki city in gulfport, ms. 228-594-8810. talk to Mike, Mike Jr., or Deeno. they're good guys. real straight up. tell them where you are and what you need. they'll tell you who to contact.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks folks. CHeck'd out the TX section on the site - got a few more hits. I say again this site is great!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
By the way, how do I add pics to my post??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts