M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I currently have a 2018 GSXS1000F. I've got it flashed and several mods, and man, is it wicked (160hp)....but....I have a bad back, so after riding for an hour, I get a pain in my shoulders and back. I do have a 1" riser which did help, but it's not enough. Really, the only way I could make it more comfortable is changing out the handlebars so I don't lean forward. Just for reference, I'm 6'-0". I've been donig a lot of research and I think I've landed on the boss. I sat on one last weekend, and man, it just felt right. My only complaint is the handlebars are a bit too far forward. Feels like my hands are pretty outstretched. I'm making the move to a cruiser so I can ride longer than an hour. I'm already researching 2" risers and new cables, but what are your thoughts on the comfort of the boss? From what I've read, going with a 2" riser and a certain seat that moves you forward are the easiest options for me. How do you guys feel on long trips?

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
There are several options as far as risers go, your tastes will decide. They also make 1" and 2" riser blocks you could use if you like the stock risers. I believe Motion Pro are the cables that everyone is using for there cables but there may be others. As far as seats go, with you wanting to move forward, take a look at the Ultimate and Russel day long seats. They look to move the rider forward quite a bit but I don't have one so I can't help you in that department.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The Ultimate seat is very comfortable and the vertical portion supports your back. It only pushes you forward if you have a BIG ass. 🤣 I'm 6'5'' and have one myself , seat I mean , not big ass. 🤣

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's everyone's thoughts on comfort? Are ya'll able to ride for an hour or so and not be sore?

·
Registered
693 Posts
I don't know of anyone who says they can ride for more than an hour on the stock seat without some discomfort. I have an aftermarket gel seat so I can ride for more than an hour without discomfort. But it's no Gold Wing.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Between the two 9 I have I've put 17k miles into riding them and only with a stock seat. Comfort...well it's like any 4 wheeled vehicle and a "street able" engine. If you like it enough you'll convince yourself you are comfortable. I will say without a throttle lock, I wouldn't make it a whole tank without stopping to rest.
One day I will get a new seat just to see what all the hype is about. Last trip was 700 miles only stopping to fill up. I keep my hands off the handle bars as much as possible and sit in all kinds of positions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What's everyone's thoughts on comfort? Are ya'll able to ride for an hour or so and not be sore?
Depending on how you set up the 9 and height. For me I don't have anything to adjust the bars , my back and peg placements. So I have a stock 9, 6'4 and I can ride for hours (besides the stock seat , my ass gets sore )

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
I have the Suzuki full cut gel seat, 2" risers, and floorboards. It's not a problem at all to ride 2 hours or more without stopping. And I'm getting close to 70 and not the most slim that I've ever been. I'm only 5]8" and most would say the standard cut gel seat would be better, but I had that and it made me feel like I was sitting on the tank. The full cut moves you back and gives more room and works great for me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I bought a Corbin passenger seat for my wife off of a member of this site last spring. It was a big upgrade for her vs. the original seat. I ordered one for myself this winter and had it made to match the passenger seat. I noticed a HUGE difference on my first ride this spring. You feel like your actually sitting in the seat and not on the seat. We can both ride longer now with the Corbins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts