M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all i am new here and ill start off by saying ive ridden sport bikes since i was 19 ...my first bike was a 1985 900 Ninja.  Im 41 now and i own an 05 ZX10R.

I love riding canyons and twisties but i want something fun, cool, and different. I have seen a few M109Rs in showrooms and for some reason i really want one.

Should i trade in my zx10r for an m109r?  I really have it bad...i look at this site a few  times a day and check for new picks all the time. If i should choose to get one i cant decide between a burple 06 or a burgundy 07. Ive sat on white and black and i like a little more color.... my zx10r is the 05 lime green.

So i guess what im saying is....should i buy one?  If one person says yes im DOING IT!!!!  So dont test me...im serious!

:D   man but seriously this bike has me daydreaming all day every day. and i still cannot decide what color to get

p.s. anyone on this site live in the san francisco bay area? I ride up to alices restaurant all the time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hwy9Rider said:
Hello all i am new here and ill start off by saying ive ridden sport bikes since i was 19 ...my first bike was a 1985 900 Ninja. Im 41 now and i own an 05 ZX10R.

I love riding canyons and twisties but i want something fun, cool, and different. I have seen a few M109Rs in showrooms and for some reason i really want one.

Should i trade in my zx10r for an m109r? I really have it bad...i look at this site a few times a day and check for new picks all the time. If i should choose to get one i cant decide between a burple 06 or a burgundy 07. Ive sat on white and black and i like a little more color.... my zx10r is the 05 lime green.

So i guess what im saying is....should i buy one? If one person says yes im DOING IT!!!! So dont test me...im serious!

:DÂ Â man but seriously this bike has me daydreaming all day every day. and i still cannot decide what color to get
I just traded my '05 Hayabusa and love every minute of the M109R, dump the sportbike, you wont regret it.... IMHO

·
Registered
116 Posts
Do it!!!!!!

I have the fastest color black.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hwy9Rider said:
So i guess what im saying is....should i buy one? If one person says "yes" im DOING IT!!!! So dont test me...im serious!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

EFE M109

PS:
Silver is really the fatest color no matter what any of these guys say! :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looking to buy.........the last bike i had was a "94 ZX - 11 which I've not been on or seen in 8 years. I saw the 109R a month ago and couldn't stand not having one. I brought mine home last Friday and have loved every minute I've spent on it. Absolutely go with the M109R. I was going with the red as well until I saw the black. LOVE IT!!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
you won't regret moving up to the m109 class. far as color, think about the mods you plan on doing and what color you think would accent those the best.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
If you could keep the 10R and get the 109 that would be even better. I have a black 06' 109 and a 99' ZRX 1100 and it's the best of both worlds. I am 50 so the 10R would have me at the doctor so the ZRX is a little more comfortable, they were a little detuned stock so ZX 11 cams, K & N pods and a full Ti-force pipe brought it back around to 130's at the rear wheel. I have over 50k miles on that one. Now I can split my riding up and put a few on the 109 but just starting to mod it too. the 109 is great for covering a few miles in comfort.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Stevej hit the nail on the head. Keep the zx and get the 109. Remember that the 109 is a 700 pound cruiser, despite it's "sport" attitude, and it corners like a cruiser. You will find yourself grinding metal very frequently on the 109. Why not have your cake and eat it too. Do they allow that at Alice's?

·
Registered
84 Posts
My screen name says it all.

The bikes I've owned:

SV650
CBR900RR
Warrior
CBR600RR
M109R

A sportbike is a sportbike, nothing will compare to it in the twisties. This bike is a kick though and my wife will actually get on this one. This bike gets 10X the attention of any of my other bikes!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have a buddy at work that is life long friends of the general manager of two suzuki dealers near me so i have to wait to go down with him and check em out for pricing.

ive sat on a white and a black one already......

i cant have both as i have a loan on the zx10r and would need a loan on the m109. well i could do it but i dont own a home and cant see myself with two bike payments and a suv payment. i should have most of it all paid off in six months as i have some good commission checks coming in but ......i still dont own a home...nowhere to put all that stuff.

i live in san jose CA and the average 2 bedroom condo sells for about 500000 right now. an 1800 square foot home anywhere near here sells for about 650000.

prices here are sick.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hwy9Rider said:
i live in san jose CA and the average 2 bedroom condo sells for about 500000 right now. an 1800 square foot home anywhere near here sells for about 650000.
prices here are sick.
Don't worry, the bubble has popped and prices are coming down all up and down the coast, give it another 6 months to a year and the market will adjust to where it should be. The insanity is coming to and end!

EFE M109

1 - 16 of 16 Posts