M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, due to think beyond my control I will be moving in the next few months and most likely i will not have a garage to put my bike into. I started looking at getting a nice cover for it and came across this one.

http://www.thebikebarn.net/index.html

It intrigues me cause it seems real easy to cover up. All most like a small comtact garage just for my bike. Has anyone had any experience with this cover or something similar?? Any thoughts??

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Doesn't look like that'll hold up much in a wind storm of any kind...and I'd imagine it might be flapping that material against some paint/chrome?

What are the chances of you being able to roll it into your house/apartment? :evil:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
what will they think of next? that's very cool.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I did not take the time to find out the price of your suggested cover. I have a similar problem so I bought a Cyclesheel Cruiser cover from Omnitrend, Inc. in Boulder Colorado 888-280-6233. The unit with the Shipping was 435.00, It is a more substantial cover than the one you are looking at. It has a hard floor with diamond plate for the kickstand or center stand. No assembly required. Very easy to use. Had it for three months so it has experienced so heavy rains and cold temps. Condensation is no problem. View it on line

G

·
I have a client who bought one of these last year. He has a very congested garage and wanted something to store his very expensive HD in. He claims he drives it in, and closes it up. Keeps it dust free and keeps the stuff in the garage from hitting it etc. He has 5 bikes, two cars and lawn stuff in the garage plus 4 boys with their sports stuff in their and two dogs. An accident is just waiting to happen in that garage. He does not use it outside so I can't tell you anything about outdoor usage.

·
Registered
292 Posts
www.cycleshelter.com I have one, and it works pretty well. It comes with stakes and rope for wind. Drive right on, and pull the cover up and over. I used it outside for two years, and it kept out rain.. dust.. tree sap etc. but I did move my old bike into a large shed for heavy storms, and over the winter months. I still use it today, however its in a garage that I built last fall...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts