M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my second bike (2000 katana) about 3 months ago. Now I miss it. I would like to get something with more power and a little more upright. Recently I ran across a Kawasaki ZZ-R1200 for a pretty good deal. The position seems to be pretty good, good power, and a great price (my budget is $2,000). My heart wants a hayabusa, or ZX14, but my wallet, back, and common since tells me that those are not for me.
The biggest problems that I have heard are the pitting of the cam shafts. They were checked and upgraded about 2000 miles ago, along with valve adjustment, and other maintenance. Have you guys heard anything about any problems or concerns with this bike? With good maintenance, what is the lifespan of these bikes?

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
2007 ZX14R For Sale: $8500 Firm

I have an '07 ZX14R with approximately 6,000 miles on it. The bike is pearl white and chrome from the nose to the tail, with just a little bit of black showing from the frame. Take a look at my pics in my album. $8500 is the least I will take for it.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have an '07 ZX14R with approximately 6,000 miles on it. The bike is pearl white and chrome from the nose to the tail, with just a little bit of black showing from the frame. Take a look at my pics in my album. $8500 is the least I will take for it.

Maybe you should read his post again. Look at his budget. I think your bike is just a little too much.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks, but you are a bit out of my budget. I am looking at a particular bike, and would just like to know if someone has had good or bad experiences with it.
Yes, the ZX14 is nice, but not practical for an older gent like me:D.

·
Registered
453 Posts

YOU'RE NOT LISTENINGGGGGG........... hahahaha

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I know he he said he was looking for something in the $2000 range. However, I didn't think it would hurt to through that out there. He may have known someone that was looking for a bike like my ZX14R, or perhaps even another member of this forum might have seen that thread and been interested in buying it. Oh well, I will sell it sooner or later.

Peace!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts