M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
I'm pretty sure the soft luggage is going to be made of this same fake carbon fiber as well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I personally think tank protectors look like crap on cruisers. But I guess to each their own

·
Registered
154 Posts
On oneidasuzuki's web site you can buy it for 21.99

G

·
sjnoble2 said:
That carbon fiber look just doesn't work on a crusier...
They had 2 options when I bought it. Plain or Carbon Fiber. I choose Plain. Guess I'll see what I get. If it doesn't look right I'll sell it on Ebay ;).

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bought one too. Carbon fiber. My 109 is black. I am sure it will look better than the paint rubbing threw which has already started to happen.

G

·
Zukii said:
I bought one too. Carbon fiber. My 109 is black. I am sure it will look better than the paint rubbing threw which has already started to happen.
That's for sure. I'm not sure what Suzuki uses for their clearcoat but I think it has the cosistancy of silly putty :verymad:.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I made a clear protector, which I posted about in another thread.

The problem with tank bras is that once you start using one, forget about ever taking it off, because it WILL rub underneath and mark your tank over time, no matter what the backing is made of. Though they do look kinda cool.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Then I guess I will just have to fork out the $1500 for the custom paint job and put the freakin bra on the ol' lady!

G

·
Wanted said:
I made a clear protector, which I posted about in another thread.

The problem with tank bras is that once you start using one, forget about ever taking it off, because it WILL rub underneath and mark your tank over time, no matter what the backing is made of. Though they do look kinda cool.
I'm gonna have custom paint done over the Winter anyhow. For 30 bucks it'll just save the paint for this season.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I purchased my 109 from Fred at Oneida Suzuki.. Fred has told me that Suzuki was to release a decent number of add on's by memorial weekend. Looks as those it starting to kick off

Wacky

·
Registered
154 Posts
Oneida Suzuki is really serious about the accessory market. They are a good place to check with often as they seem to get and have things most other dealers don't.

·
Registered
752 Posts
My friend that paints says that this is the worst clearcoat he has ever seen. I had him redo all my plastic. Cost me $100 I was going to wait on the tank and see if it held up. He told me that a decent shop would probably charge $200-$250 to re-clearcoat the whole bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts