M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My roommate wakes me up to this! :eek: :edit:
We had a terrible windstorm last night but it may have been bumped over, not sure. I spent the day feeling like a loved one died… The way it landed kind of saved me because the pipes were up on the sidewalk that kept the tank and handle bar from hitting. But the Turn single, front and back brake levers, headlight, windshield, front fender, mirror and the rear chrome piece broke the fall. I'm working with the insurance today. Any advice would be appreciated.... and yes, my roommate let me put it in the garage finally after this happen.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Well, there is a bright side.

Your insurance company is going to calculate repairs based on Suzuki replacements, which are sick when you look at the pricing. The stock exhaust alone is about $800 list price.

With what you get from insurance, you can upgrade and not even spend your deductible.

As for the non-upgrade parts, post a WTB and I am sure you will find what you are looking for.

So, kinda sorry for your "loss", but :congrats: on the silver lining to the cloud.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Man, that has definitely have to be a bomber--to wake up and see your "baby" in a position she was never meant to be in:nojoke:. I am glad that your room-mate has finally agreed to give her shelter after such a tragic and shocking experience. If that wasn't the case, I bet none of the members on this board would feel bad if you got up and your room-mate was to be laying between the asphalt and your baby:bigthumbsup:. My only other hope is for the insurance company to step up to the plate and pay for your damages to include emotional damages.

·
Banned
408 Posts
I don't know your living conditions but I would NEVER leave my bike parked on a street overnight, just a target for theft. I live in a safe neighborhood but still I trust NOBODY. Not sure how strong your winds were but it's possible some idiot backed into it. SORRY for what happened to your bike.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Oh yeah!

I have a front fender in the garage. I picked it up from ebay because it was a no reserve auction and it was only at $9 plus shipping.

I was planning to chop it apart this winter for a project. I am not sure it it is black or read as it has been on the shelf since June, but if it matches you and your damage is something that makes no difference to my project, I would trade with you paying shipping on both.

I will look to remind myself of the color later tonight.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know your living conditions but I would NEVER leave my bike parked on a street overnight, just a target for theft. I live in a safe neighborhood but still I trust NOBODY. Not sure how strong your winds were but it's possible some idiot backed into it. SORRY for what happened to your bike.
I just moved here and I'm renting a room until the rest of the family gets here...she's actually my landlord/roomate and she's a 60 year old c-word :edit: . I didnt want to park it in the road either. But I was afraid she would back into it ironically.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Dman that sucks to see your bike down like that, hopefully you get your things situated so this doesnt happen again. On the bright side, hope that the insurance will cover the damage.

·
Registered
169 Posts
That really sucks, I would really be upset if that happened to my bike . Do you think someone might have pushed it over or was it the wind storm?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
That made me sick to my stomach, I just threw up alittle in my mouth... Sorry that happened to ya! That sucks azz, to the 10th power!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Man I feel for you, a strong wind gust knocked mine over in my driveway while I was grilling some steaks. I had the kick stand on a small block of wood while I was washing it and I don't think it had enough lean to it. Made me so ill I couldn't eat... I think they are pretty safe as long as they are leaning over good. The wind probably caught the cover and took it over.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Man, that's ranks just below seeing the family dog lying on the road. We all feel your pain. Now hurry and get that baby fixed and back on the road! Who knows, depending on your settlement maybe you'll end up with some money in your pocket to do some mods . . .

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Man that sucks, Sorry to see this,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
ouch sorry bro

1 - 20 of 67 Posts