M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I de-baffled my exhaust but the drill bit holder (home-made) broke inside. I thought if I cut away the end-cap I could get to it. At the end I have to get a bike shop to re-weld the end caps but it wasn't done properly. The welding was a disaster on the lower pipe.Reopened the end cap and I bought a suitable ball-bearing and slot it in with a bit of tack welding.

Guess what? I got a much better sounding pipes! Before it was a 'coarse and breaking' rumble which I thought I have to live with it. Now, with the ball bearing in I have a much better rumble. No more coarse and breaking' sounding pipes. Those who which to de-baffle their pies might want to try this. Drill the 4 nos. of baffle and drill the top pipe with 8 nos. of 1/2" holes at the end cap and leave the bottom end cap untouched. Lots of differences.;)

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Interesting, but doesn't have much in the looks department.:dontknow:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, but doesn't have much in the looks department.:dontknow:
Can be true. But the welding done at the bike shop was killing me. it was a CO2 gas welding. Imagine having big lump of brass sticking all over the baffle. Worst if it wasn't spray painted black.;) I forgot to state the reason for the bad welding. I told them not to take off the exhaust if the can and they promise me that they wouldn't have any problem doing it. In the end they just charged me half of what they quoted me and apologizes for a ****ty job done. Told me to go back after their 'New Year' break but I was too scared to.:D

·
Registered
918 Posts
man what kind of welding shop don't have a mig? And you may want to keep an eye on your repair because I bet the tack will break off the bearing,

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man what kind of welding shop don't have a mig? And you may want to keep an eye on your repair because I bet the tack will break off the bearing,
:p When I went there the first time they told me they have Mig, Tig and CO2 welding. On the day itself they just use the CO2.:evil: I watch out for the tack weld. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
What the :edit::cus: it prob wont stay ... i would really consider removing the exhaust and cut out the baffles /// the top one comes right off :doorag:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
what the heck is this Frankinstien exhaust LOL just cut out the baffels all to gether and be done with it you wont regret the rumble then.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
This is a good one. You guys got me rolling here.:a20:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL figures someone would be selling these.There's a sucker born every day!:bigthumbsup:
:D It wasn't what i used. Didn't even know such ball bearing existed. I just used a normal ball bearing and the sole purpose was to cover the muffler. Easier to tack weld as I do no have mig welding machines. Should have done it in a better way. i guess.:p

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
:D It wasn't what i used. Didn't even know such ball bearing existed. I just used a normal ball bearing and the sole purpose was to cover the muffler. Easier to tack weld as I do no have mig welding machines. Should have done it in a better way. i guess.:p
I am sorry i did not mean this to be a joke on you. I know you just used the bearing because it's what you had laying around.I probably would have the same thing.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am sorry i did not mean this to be a joke on you. I know you just used the bearing because it's what you had laying around.I probably would have the same thing.
No worries.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts