M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i just joined and love the site!

I`ve been looking for a cruiser for awhile and love the M109. The other bikes i`ve been looking at are the VTX1800, Victory Jackpot, and a couple of HD`s. I think i`ve just about deceided on the M109, it just seems soooo big to me so its gonna take some getting used to. I`m used to riding small bikes (gsxr1000). What is a fair price to pay for the M109. People of said they paid from $10,999 to $14,000 for their bikes. I`m on NY state so if anyone can recommend a good dealer please help me out.

thanks
john

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for getting back so fast guys.

Just rode an m109, and all i can say is wow! Awesome power, handling, and is very comfortable too. The only thing that surprised me was how much plastic the bike has on it. Especially the chrome pieces around the motor, body panals and trim
pieces. Its not really a bad thing, i was just wondering how the plastic will look in 2 years.

·
Registered
525 Posts
jpdog said:
Thanks for getting back so fast guys.Â

Just rode an m109, and all i can say is wow! Awesome power, handling, and is very comfortable too. The only thing that surprised me was how much plastic the bike has on it. Especially the chrome pieces around the motor, body panals and trim
pieces. Its not really a bad thing, i was just wondering how the plastic will look in 2 years.
The plastic should still look new.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have owned my 109 for about 7 weeks now and I gotta say I am getting sick and tired of all the compliments I've been receiving. Just kidding. :joke: But seriously, I have gotten more :bigthumbsup: than any other bike I've ever owned. :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
The only thing wrong with the plastic is when polishing it builds up a static charge and when you touch something metalic on the bike....ZAPPO :eek:
Apart from that the plastic saves weight and looks great

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
This is the best bike for the money, heck even if it was several thousand more it'd still be worth it! Get it! You won't be disappointed!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Before buying a M109 I demo'd a Victory Jackpot. I thought it was a GREAT looking bike -- same 240 rear tire, 6-speed tranny, great ergonomics --- BUT (at 100 cu. in. and about 90 H.P.) the 109 ran circles around it. ANd the Jackpot was $17 k (!). In the end, the decision was a no-brainer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Im in florida, orginally from upstate NY. I've been looking for a black one for two weeks now and finally got it 2 days ago. I went from a Yam r6 to this and..... I LOVE IT!!!!! the bike doesnt feel as big as it looks. in my opinion it handles better in slow speeds than my r6. The M109R is balanced very well. Im 5'6" 180lbs I can't wait until I finished with the break-in period so I can really get on it. I rode it home from the dealer 100 miles away everybody on the highway was looking at me.

With all that being said, Don' trust the dealer if they tell you the oil overfill problem is fixed. Check it yourself before you ride home and save yourself the headaches. I had the overfill problem (even after I was assured the problem was fixed) and fixed it myself and rides like a dream.

You are here, so that means you are going to get an m109r (trust me :D) the question is when. You won't be disapointed this bike is Bad A$$ and for the money you cant beat the style, performance, and handling. Getting this bike is like the getting my first motorcycle all over again. This aint just another bike.

I got mine for 13,000 OTD some have paid more and some have paid less, but I got the black one I wanted and im happy :bigthumbsup:

Get it!

If you get the VTX and see the M109R pass you, your not going to feel so good. Thats my opinion. Good luck on your search for a new bike M109R or not.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
jpdog said:
Thanks for getting back so fast guys.Â

Just rode an m109, and all i can say is wow! Awesome power, handling, and is very comfortable too. The only thing that surprised me was how much plastic the bike has on it. Especially the chrome pieces around the motor, body panals and trim
get the 109, you wont regret it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think i`m sold on the M109. The other bike i really liked was the Victory Jackpot but its$17,500 plus extras and tax its way too expensive. Now i just have to find a dealer who has a black m109 for a fair price!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Just buy one ! you won't regret it . I wish Suzuki would put me on their payroll for promoting the 109....I have inspired several sales , I know of 3 that
I'm responsible for . I answer tons of questions...get looks, smiles , and recieve thumbs up on the road.

·
Registered
535 Posts
jpdog said:
Hi guys, i just joined and love the site!

I`ve been looking for a cruiser for awhile and love the M109. The other bikes i`ve been looking at are the VTX1800, Victory Jackpot, and a couple of HD`s. I think i`ve just about deceided on the M109, it just seems soooo big to me so its gonna take some getting used to. I`m used to riding small bikes (gsxr1000). What is a fair price to pay for the M109. People of said they paid from $10,999 to $14,000 for their bikes. I`m on NY state so if anyone can recommend a good dealer please help me out.

thanks
john
I picked up my bike about a month and a half ago here in NY. I had to do some looking, because I wanted black. Ended up finding it in a crate about 40 miles from home. As far as the price, I think I paid on the high side. I had a dealer tell me they would sell me one for 11,200 but they only had burple. Unfortunately for me, black was all I wanted. I ended up paying 14,200 after tax and all the other gibberish with Suzuki's extended warranty included.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
JP Don't know if you got your bike already but I bought mine upstate in Cobbleskill at Valley Rec If you stop in see Rob He had the best prices around back when I got mine in March. They were tough to come by back then and he had 1 of each color. UI spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he said he got a couple more in... Ray

1 - 14 of 14 Posts