M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to take a hell of a trip longest Ive taken on any motorcycle or car for that matter...Just wondering what types of trips guys on these forums have made on their 109s..My brother in law pulled a ride from Richmond to atlanta in one day...and is planning one to New Orleans in one day...Im taking one form VA to AZ and back in a span of about 10-11 days..Any thoughts.

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
I think the longest ride I have done is about 600 miles in a 14 hours period. I ride more 175-225 mile day though. I was thinking of doing an iron butt ride this year (1000 miles in 24 hours).

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Multiple long trips...

900 miles in 2 days on a CBR1000F.
1100 miles in 3 days (on the M109R).
500 miles in 1 day (on a C90T).

150-250 milers are common. A day of riding with the crew can rack that up easy.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
the longest day ride on the 9 - 650 to 700 miles we do 500 for a lunch ride. when we meet with with the bay area guys like were doing this weekend it's 100 miles each way plus the ride :bigthumbsup: longest trip 6,500 miles but it was on the wing ;)

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,149 Posts
The longest on my 109 was to the meet in Harrisonburg two years ago. I only went for the day, and between getting there, doing the ride, and getting back it was 389 miles. My normal weekend single day rides are in the 160-260 mile range, though my wife and I sometimes do two of those on a weekend.

I'm not sure how many miles we rode at last years meet, but between the rides and getting there and back we put in over 1000 miles in 4 days.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Longest ride for me was this past August when I rode to Sturgis. We left Wichita on Monday and was back in town by Thursday, with a total of 1667.4 miles put on the 9 in that time frame. I was sore, but it was well worth it! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
rode to Kansas City from Sioux Falls a couple years ago. About 380 miles in 6 hours. Now,a 200 mile day just cruzing the Black Hills is nothing!!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I do a 150-200 mile every sunday with a group of guys. First leg of trip is going to be 400 second and third leg are 600-620...doing all these back to back...just wondering how bad fatigue might be after 7 days of this type of madness....hoping I will pull it off. I work out and stay fairly active....but I think this will test my endurance for sure. Looking forward to the sights ahead....but I hope its not ruined by my being tired..or if I will end up making more stops than what we have planned right now.

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
If you build up your rides longer each time before your big ride it will be a lot easier. That way your body is more used to it. I know in the spring, my legs are a little sour after ridding all day. I think it is because I have not used those leg muscles in a while. Ride safe and I hope that you have a GREAT trip.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Yeah I do a 150-200 mile every sunday with a group of guys. First leg of trip is going to be 400 second and third leg are 600-620...doing all these back to back...just wondering how bad fatigue might be after 7 days of this type of madness....hoping I will pull it off. I work out and stay fairly active....but I think this will test my endurance for sure. Looking forward to the sights ahead....but I hope its not ruined by my being tired..or if I will end up making more stops than what we have planned right now.
If your planing on 7 days at 600 + miles you wont see much on the way. when we take a trip we plan the first day long just to get out of town then 250 to 350 a day.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If your planing on 7 days at 600 + miles you wont see much on the way. when we take a trip we plan the first day long just to get out of town then 250 to 350 a day.
We plan to spend 1-2 days riding around AZ...but were going by way of Colorado down through Utah...seeing things along the way...the worst leg will be from Iowa to Denver...the other days will spent trying to plan things to see along the way...of the 11 days 6-7 will be spent doing some heavy riding...thats what Im concerned about.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
longest on any bike - just over 900 miles (HD Ultra Clasic)

Just got my 9 last September and the longest day on it was about 400 miles.

·
Registered
408 Posts
i've done 550 miles in about 10 hours (no rush) from montreal quebec to windsor ontario.

just ride untill gas light stops flashing, when at gas station, fuel and take a 15-20 min. breather and get back on.

ride safe & enjoy your trip! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I did 430 in 12....that sucked major major :edit:. But its AZ and it was december...how many people can ride in december?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
The day I bought the bike, I did 700+ miles. (Danville VA to Pittsburgh PA). OCC Trip last year 1100 miles in 2 days. Mid-Atlantic meet last year, 1200+ in 4 days. 330 miles, one way, to see my kids twice a month. I love riding!:D

Longest on any bike, road the R1 to Daytona FL and back, two years in a row 965 miles in 18 hours. Could not feel anything below the waist...

·
Registered
233 Posts
About to take a hell of a trip longest Ive taken on any motorcycle or car for that matter...Just wondering what types of trips guys on these forums have made on their 109s..My brother in law pulled a ride from Richmond to atlanta in one day...and is planning one to New Orleans in one day...Im taking one form VA to AZ and back in a span of about 10-11 days..Any thoughts.
My longest has been 660 miles in 11 hours, I have the suzuki gell seat and I'm almost 60 years young so it was a long day but I wasn't all that beat up. Three days later I did the return trip and the temp was over 105 and believe me that day wooped my A$$. I wouldn't want to do that kind of mileage for 3 or 4 days straight though
:doorag:

1 - 20 of 102 Posts