M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It poured all weekend so there were no demo rides at the show - boo. I was very much looking forward to riding those bikes but I had to tell myself maybe it saved someones life by not riding that day... it worked.

Me and Shannon arrived later in the day at about 2:30 which gave us 2.5 hours to meander about. It wasn't very crowded which was good.

The show gave me a great opportunity to see all the bikes you guys talk about. Seeing the V-Max, Concourse, V-Rod, and a bunch of other Harley's was really cool.

The only manufacturers that took time to talk to us was Suzuki, BMW and Spyder. The rest of the reps were huddled in little groups talking among themselves and really had no interest in engaging us in conversation. Thats fine, they must be tired of talking about bikes.

David from BMW said they will let customers demo bikes for extended periods of time, even over the weekend. My demo addicton is getting out of control, I think its time for an intervention... I can stop anytime... I swear...

Joe Rocket was selling $269.99 helmets for $40.00. I thought it was too good to be true because does that really ever happen? It seemed to check out today when I looked up the helmet I bought Shannon for Christmas today. She has been riding around with a medium when she needed an extra small. Oops. Is it wrong to buy her a backrest and helmet for Christmas? I hope not.

There was a guy on one of those stand up rolling dealies with a trailer giving swag away. All you had to do is spin a wheel that looked like a pie chart and have it land on the color you picked, there were about 8 colors. If you miss you can get back in line and do it again. I must have tried 6 times and missed every time, Shannon tries on her first and guess what... she gets it! It was a tie down type strap but smaller, eh it was fun.

All in all it was fun and I learned a lot, if it had not been raining and we were able to demo bikes it was have been a 10, but it ended up an 8. I will definitely go next year and pray it doesn't rain.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They said "all good horses bleed when you ride them that hard all day long" :D :joke:

We were talking about getting Shannon a 250 size bike. They have one and so does Honda, which I couldnt get more than 1 word answers from when I asked the Honda rep about the Rebel.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Thanks for the Review man, yeah the rain sucks, all my bones hurt right now, I guess its true what people say! LOL!

Hopefully early next year we'll be able to set a ride here in so cal! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think its an oil puke catcher.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Yeah, I had to miss this years show. I just didn't want to fight the weather driving up to Long Beach.

Thanks for filling us in on what we missed.

There is always next year.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I went and it was great, like any other Motorcycle event. But, Tomorrow, I'm going to Brea Dicuti , O-YA, Ready for a major haggle event for a Streetfighter. YAY :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
update, haggle done, bike bought, now they will uncrate it and build it. and pick it up.....YAY :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
So... what did U get... a Ducati or a Triumph Rocket?
I know they let U test drive, one of the few that do round these parts.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
That is one bad azz beauty of a bike & 155HP :D:congrats:
Almost bought a Ducati Monster 1000 & then I sat on the Nine 8)

·
Registered
241 Posts
:congrats: it sure is nice to have options for a ride :bigthumbsup:
That street fighter is one way cool, awesome looking bike! A guy would be the talk of the town around here with that, people might even think we were being invaded or something.

The Mpls motorcycle show is always in February, what is up with that? No rides ever, but usually a demo of some guy riding inside, year before was a trials course which was pretty cool.

Options? Pick one.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
That street fighter is one way cool, awesome looking bike! A guy would be the talk of the town around here with that, people might even think we were being invaded or something.

The Mpls motorcycle show is always in February, what is up with that? No rides ever, but usually a demo of some guy riding inside, year before was a trials course which was pretty cool.

Options? Pick one.
Dude, what can I say, you rock :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey ZL900 guy are you a member of the ZRXOA? If so you might remember me from there.
Yeah, I'm on ZRXOA but Wstar425. I have to use an alias when I sign in here! I recognize your handle, sure! ZL900 is an old school street fighter, at least the closest one I have I guess.

The KZ1000 on the right is not mine, the rest are the wife's! She's the owner, I'm just the head mechanic, and not a very good one at that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts