M109 Rider Forums banner

local harley policy

1K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  m109rbadboy 
#1 ·
i recently moved to Augusta, GA. while looking for a dyno to tune my bike, i heard the harley place was the only one in town. i call them, yep, they've got a dyno. will they let me brink my suzuki in and put it on? NOPE. these lamers have a policy for harley only bikes! i now have to drive to Savanah to even get a reading!

#5 ·
Fyi. I went to the nearest Power Commander/Dynojet certified Dyno shop here in the Atlanta area and they would not dyno my M109. They said, because it has stock exhaust with a catalytic converter, the readings would be meaningless. According to them, the catalytic converter significantly changed the exhaust gas readings. I tried to work with them a little, but they wouldn't budge. They wouldn't dyno my 9 until it had a modified exhaust system with not cat.

#6 ·
appreciate the info jazz, as i was considering going down there to them as well. i'm having jr/perry do the mod on my pipe. i don't remember if they cut the cat off or not.

as for the harley guys, i can understand if they don't want their guys to tune it...but they wouldn't even let me come in to just get a HP/TQ reading.

#7 ·
jazzman said:
Fyi. I went to the nearest Power Commander/Dynojet certified Dyno shop here in the Atlanta area and they would not dyno my M109. They said, because it has stock exhaust with a catalytic converter, the readings would be meaningless. According to them, the catalytic converter significantly changed the exhaust gas readings. I tried to work with them a little, but they wouldn't budge. They wouldn't dyno my 9 until it had a modified exhaust system with not cat.
Jazz... the guys that dyno'd my bike (Stockers with drilled outerplate only) had the same concern, not to mention not being able to get the A/F probe up the pipe.

What they did was to drill a hole where the pipes come together and install some sort of fitting that allowed them to insert the A/F probe. When they were done they inserted a small bolt into this fitting to seal it up. The fitting is only visible from under the bike.

Not sure if this helps or not... :dontknow:

#12 ·
A local harley shop here in NZ isn't able to do dyno's on shaft drive bikes..you need a Dynojet Dyno to read it at the 'rubber'.
The local shops old harley dyno connects via the chain/belt...  Maybe this one reason your dealership only do harleys..'cause they can't do shafts! :dontknow:

#13 ·
J R said:
Thats a weird policy. It would seem to me that money is money and altho maybe they might not feel like they can work on or tune your bike surley they wouldnt mind a paying customer with a motorcycle running it on there dyno just for kicks :dontknow: Weird deal but Im sure they got there reasons.Not sure what they would be.They gotta know ( in general ) the jap bikes are makin more power its not like its really a secret :dontknow:
Maybe not a secret to them, but maybe to many of their customers. I think it is the whole package style/HP/price that scares them. If it is getting dynoed there is a chance we could talk to the crowd that would gather to see it go.
Alot of those guys just buy the bikes because someone else has it. Those people probably would not know.

Sledzep

#14 ·
Moonbaby said:
Well if ya feel like coming all the way over here my local shop has a decent dyno... and they will tune your bike... but newnan is a good 3-4 hours from augusta so..... well yeah..
You are only 60 miles from me. What is the name of the shop? Do they do the advanced map? (separate cylinders)
Also will they mount oversize tires to the stock wheels???

Once the cash starts flowing I would drive there to get a good tune.

Sledzep

#15 ·
sledzep01 said:
You are only 60 miles from me. What is the name of the shop? Do they do the advanced map? (separate cylinders)
Also will they mount oversize tires to the stock wheels???

Once the cash starts flowing I would drive there to get a good tune.

Sledzep
The shop i use down here is cycle city power sports (www.cyclecityps.com)... they have always been pretty straight with me...

#16 ·
Funny Harley Dyno story....I was at fall bike week in Myrtle Beach. Sitting at the Dyno trailer watching bikes get dynoed. Loud mouth beside me is spouting off about his pipes (Bub's) that he is getting put on by the Dyno guy. Run the bike before and after to see the increase. He says that he hopes to be "pumpin' out 130+" after the instillation. At this point I bite the baited hook and ask what he is riding. He says "That purple Fat boy he is bringing up now" Silently I laugh my a$$ off. My buddy pipes in and says "not in your wildest dreams". That prompts loud mouth to ask what I am riding. I turned around and pointed to my bike. He states, "I suppose your rice burner makes more HP than my harley, Huh?" Before I can respond, the dyno guy tells him, "I can put 6 sets of these pipes on your bike, add nitrous and tie it to the a$$ end of a 50 horse team and it still wouldnt top his bike." He was slightly miffed. End result, before pipes he pulled 58 RWHP and after pulled 67 RWHP. I never had to say a word. ::)

#17 ·
rofl blinker :clap2:

#19 ·
b said:
Funny Harley Dyno story....I was at fall bike week in Myrtle Beach. Sitting at the Dyno trailer watching bikes get dynoed. Loud mouth beside me is spouting off about his pipes (Bub's) that he is getting put on by the Dyno guy. Run the bike before and after to see the increase. He says that he hopes to be "pumpin' out 130+" after the instillation. At this point I bite the baited hook and ask what he is riding. He says "That purple Fat boy he is bringing up now" Silently I laugh my a$$ off. My buddy pipes in and says "not in your wildest dreams". That prompts loud mouth to ask what I am riding. I turned around and pointed to my bike. He states, "I suppose your rice burner makes more HP than my harley, Huh?" Before I can respond, the dyno guy tells him, "I can put 6 sets of these pipes on your bike, add nitrous and tie it to the a$$ end of a 50 horse team and it still wouldnt top his bike." He was slightly miffed. End result, before pipes he pulled 58 RWHP and after pulled 67 RWHP. I never had to say a word. ::)
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :a20: :a20:

#20 ·
Even when I worked for a Harley dealer in the service dept. they would not let me put my TL1000 on the dyno guess they don't like high #'s. The piece of s**t GM tried to tell me the program would not work on a jap bike, I called him out on it but, they still wouldn't do it.

#23 ·
on the request of Sledzep, I have made that my new signature. I need the guy who came up with the shirts to make me one with that on it. Maybe a whole new line that we could call
"not even with" gear! Just change the last word/s. Like, NOT EVEN WITH a hyabusa pulling you or NOT EVEN WITH Delorian and a flux capacitor hooked to your bike!

#25 ·
had the same problum with my meanstreak....had a power commander..and some other goodies....needed to get it mapped....and the harley shop.....1 hour away....closest i could find said no way.....harleys only.....i told him he sucked and hung up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.