M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing rear LEDs, and I wanted to know, where should I splice the load equalizer? I was going to connect it at the point where I was splicing the rear LED wires, but the directions say not to do this.  Any ideas of how I should do it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
In case you didn't get your answer, the one I had from custom dynamics had 3 wires, one for left, right and ground. Although it does not matter which you use, does not care about left and right per se. T-tap one wire on the right and one on the left take the other to a ground.. thats it. Custom Dynamics web sight has a wiring diagram.. Here is the link...

http://www.customdynamics.com/load_equalizer_install.htm

Blur, MN

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I didn't install the load equalizer that came with my Kury Small Silver Bullet LET signals. I figured the fast blink rate is more likely to get somebody's attention than the stock blink rate. Anyway, I noticed that the instructions state not to run the hazard or 4-way blinkers with the load equalizer installed as it will overheat and cause damage. Anybody know if this is universal with all load equalizers or just the Kury ones? The only issue I have noticed since installing the LED signals out back is I have lost the "park" light feature where you turn the key all the way clockwise and it cuts on both signals like park lights. Maybe the load equalizer would bring back this feature, but I figure that if running the lights blinking would overheat it, then surely leaving them on continuously would overheat it also. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Medic1210 said:
I didn't install the load equalizer that came with my Kury Small Silver Bullet LET signals. I figured the fast blink rate is more likely to get somebody's attention than the stock blink rate. Anyway, I noticed that the instructions state not to run the hazard or 4-way blinkers with the load equalizer installed as it will overheat and cause damage. Anybody know if this is universal with all load equalizers or just the Kury ones? The only issue I have noticed since installing the LED signals out back is I have lost the "park" light feature where you turn the key all the way clockwise and it cuts on both signals like park lights. Maybe the load equalizer would bring back this feature, but I figure that if running the lights blinking would overheat it, then surely leaving them on continuously would overheat it also. Any thoughts on this?
I don`t know much about the the load equalizer part, but just like you did, I installed LED`s on the back without a load eq. As far as the "park" light feature goes, mine is working just fine, as it`s still working the same way as it did with the factory turn signals. I believe that only the tail light is supposed to be on when you run the "park" light feature.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
M109Rican said:
As far as the "park" light feature goes, mine is working just fine, as it`s still working the same way as it did with the factory turn signals. I believe that only the tail light is supposed to be on when you run the "park" light feature.Â
Nah, the park feature turned on the signal lights, tail light and plate light so the bike is more visible from behind. When key is in normal position, the tail light and plate light are already lit. The park light turns the signal lights into running lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts