M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Was wondering if any one has a lo jack on their bikes. My dealer was really pushing it. Just curious if they are worthwhile.
A search didnt pop up any other posts.

j

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not sure what your current situation is like (i.e. where you live, where you park it, etc...)
It only helps if the bike is stolen. Since I keep mine in the garage and not in an open parking lot like in an apartment complex or something. I figured it would be a waste of money. I would take the extra cash and get Gap insurance if you are financing the bike. I personally never met anyone that had a bike stolen. I'm sure it happens, but I'm sure it's a planned out deal. Dry weight on the M is around 700# and if you lock the column, good luck on moving it....

·
Registered
205 Posts
It's usually H-D's and sport bikes that get stolen. About 10yrs ago, in Houston, a HPD officer told me they had busted a group of bike thieves with a container full of H-D's ready to ship to Australia. Sport bikes typically get parted out.

·
Registered
363 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
a 40 mm huh :redfaced:now thats a big cannon, or did you mean 40 cal? if so I'll do ya one better ,I have a fifty cal sniper rifle. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
...would it happen to be a Barrett?

LG

·
Registered
768 Posts
The only 109 the dealer had was equipped with Lojack. I waited while they brought another VB one over from the other location for me. They wanted like $500 for it.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
ConnRadd said:
Dry weight on the M is around 700# and if you lock the column, good luck on moving it....
The way they get stolen, even with the column locked, is a couple guys slide a 2x4 through the front wheel or under the triple tree and just lift the front end, while rolling the bike in neutral. It would not be very difficult at all to do. A lot of bikes get stolen this way at bike week and such. Still, I think Lojack is only beneficial for a high dollar custom or HDs which are usually the first ones grabbed.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
they pulled a semi over leaving Daytona a few years back and found 45 stolen bikes in it! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
And every one of them was a Harley I bet. Jap bikes don't get stolen, don't ask me why. Stupid theives I guess. :joke:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
M109Rider said:
Jap bikes don't get stolen, don't ask me why.
Maybe because Jap bikes are a dime a dozen over seas, where those bikes were most likely headed. HDs carry more value on the black market.

·
Registered
666 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
a 40 mm huh :redfaced:now thats a big cannon, or did you mean 40 cal? if so I'll do ya one better ,I have a fifty cal sniper rifle. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
oops :redfaced: 40cal sorry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts