M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have not been on in some time. I need some ideas. I went to get on my bike this morning and I noticed a light pale green substance dried all over the lower part of the engine. It is not wet, dripping or leaking. I drove to work in my car and being Monday all I can do is worry until I check this out tonight and call the shop on Tuesday. I am in Florida so overheating, I mean what is up with this. Any ideas let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
There have been a couple posts on this. Me thinks you are leaking coolant like others have posted on here. Use the search tab, it's your friend. Best of luck!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Good call...you'll probably want to search coolant leaks. It wll describe how to find and tighten the hose clamps...(which are sometimes loose from the factory) if you're on an 06 that's more than likely the culprit. Good luck. By the way I think there are a couple of posts in the tech board on this problem...

Devilish

·
Registered
532 Posts
I noticed mine leaking for the first time yesterday, and I have over 5000 miles. I think that the engine vibration must loosen up the hose clamps after a while.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I had a creamy stuff on my left engine casing around 8K miles. Took it to dealer who found my coolant very low and a loose coolant hose.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
eire1965 said:
I noticed mine leaking for the first time yesterday, and I have over 5000 miles. I think that the engine vibration must loosen up the hose clamps after a while.
probably does not hurt to check them periodically but mine were tight from the factory and no leaks at 7k miles. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
188 Posts
:cus: :swear: It's a loose hose clamp. My leak didn't show up until after break in period. The more revs you put on it the more noticeable the leak gets. My stealer fixed it under warranty, no prob. Only problem I've encountered so far. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Could be the clamp issue, I had the sme problem and took it in for warranty, they ended up changing a seal :dontknow: Id recommend taking it in and have them tighten the clamps first and then giver hell and see if it fixed it

·
Registered
273 Posts
It is more than likely a coolant leak. You should be able to take off both air covers and see which side is leaking. You should have better access to them to fix them. A couple of us have taken off the factory hose clamps and replaced them with some wider ones. Just another thing to check.. check the thermostat housing as this may be leaking also. Mine was leaking on my bike and I had to put gasket sealant on it to seal it. No big deal either way.

·
Registered
600 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts