M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, anyone up for a Llano run just before Halloween? Snake, you gonna bring the pumpkin bike 8) hehe :joke:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Dang, bad as I wanna ride, I'm usually tied up on Saturdays from Sep through first week of Jan. (I'm an NCAA college football nut 8)  Have to be home by 11 a.m. on Saturdays.  Can ride on Sundays though :D, or most any other day of the week.

Have to miss this one, too.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Sure hate for anyone to miss this one..

Going to be alot of fun !

Steve, are you going to go this time?

May try and get my wifey to ride

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Need to start working up a meeting location / time. Just got back from breaking 1k on my odometer.. Had to give the BigAir a run and see how she handled. Guys at the dealership didn't know what to make of her when I pulled in to look at tank bags 8)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Need a seatbelt once I put the PCIII I think 8)

Lot different sound, feel and oddly different smell when riding..

You can smell the oil in the engine with this thing.. like its getting vented outside the bike somehow.. Not sure thats a proper description, but its how it smells to me.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
DaltonH said:
Need a seatbelt once I put the PCIII I think 8)

Lot different sound, feel and oddly different smell when riding..

You can smell the oil in the engine with this thing.. like its getting vented outside the bike somehow.. Not sure thats a proper description, but its how it smells to me.
sweet!!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Prowler, when you gonna throw the pics your wifey took of our bikes on here bro? If you want to email them to me I'll toss them in my photobucket and stick them up here.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For this ride I was thinking perhaps meet up at the IHOP in Killeen at around 10am? Think I can still navigate the Kill-Zone will enough to find it. Snake, if you would please post some directions?? Anyone like to see a different time to start or meeting location?? If you post and say you're going we'll do our best to wait for you.

OH, I'll be riding at the back of the pack for this one btw. I'm on call back for work this week so if my phone goes off I have to pull over and call the customer back and take the information for the trouble ticket. Luckily we don't have 24/7 service for repairs or I'd be irritated having just come off the road for a month.

If anyone needs to contact me the day of the ride or just to shoot the breeze my cell is 512-535-8899, it is a work phone so be gentle on it 8)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Ya'll, Just got back from BiketoberFest in Daytona. Been checking in on the forum and read about the Llano run. Where does it start? Where does it end. I live up in Lubbock. I would like to go along with all of you. Can somebody clue me in please.

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
721 Posts
DaltonH said:
Hey Prowler, when you gonna throw the pics your wifey took of our bikes on here bro? If you want to email them to me I'll toss them in my photobucket and stick them up here.
Just e-mailed the woman to remind me LOL!!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
EgoTripp said:
Hey Ya'll, Just got back from BiketoberFest in Daytona. Been checking in on the forum and read about the Llano run. Where does it start? Where does it end. I live up in Lubbock. I would like to go along with all of you. Can somebody clue me in please.

Thanks,

Greg
Greg,

Would be nice to have ya...Dalton has proposed that we meet at the IHOP in Killeen, Tx...here is the addy so you can mapquest it...

700 W Central Texas Expy
Killeen, Tx 76541

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its a nice easy place to find in Killeen (at least it was 11 years ago when I was there last 8) ), and its got a bit of something for everyone before we run to Llano for BBQ! :D

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
DaltonH said:
Its a nice easy place to find in Killeen (at least it was 11 years ago when I was there last 8) ), and its got a bit of something for everyone before we run to Llano for BBQ! :D
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

bbq :eek:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
rockinrose said:
Ill bring the plug kit
rofl.. good idea bro 8)

Looking at the 8 day forecast it would appear that we shold have 81 degree temps, sun and low humidity all weekend 8) BONUS!

Guess that means I need to remove the liner from the Phoenix or just open the vents on the 109 jacket.. Probably the later as I'm still getting it broken in.. :edit: leather these jackets are made from is very stiff and thick.. just doesn't seem to want to break in. Actually makes it somewhat hard to ride with it on, but damn does it get the looks 8)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
DaltonH said:
rofl.. good idea bro 8)

Looking at the 8 day forecast it would appear that we shold have 81 degree temps, sun and low humidity all weekend 8) BONUS!
sweet!!!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
is this still on for Saturday??

who is all coming???

1 - 20 of 43 Posts