M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was a wonderful day for riding!! Steve it was a pleasure to see you again and get to ride with you this time.

Jeff, I really enjoyed meeting you!

The roads were twisty and the weather great and well the BBQ, need I say more!!! not to mention the little drama that came our way...

I hope to have Steve and Jeff back down for another Llano run and get some others to come along too..

Enjoyed it!!!!!

I have many pics and was wondering if someone could help me post em
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Thanks for all the fun. The DFW crew made it back with very tired butts. Lets do it again and again thanks. You guys rock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rockinrose said:
Thanks for all the fun. The DFW crew made it back with very tired butts. Lets do it again and again thanks. You guys rock.
we sure will!!! gotta love it!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
03svtsnakevert said:
not to mention the little drama that came our way.
Drama? What drama? Do tell, enquiring minds want to know!!!!!!! :dontknow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well,

we get to our first stop just outside of Lampasas and one of our riders appeared to have their rear tire in a hole shall we say... :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rockinrose said:
Lets just say I new 240 is getting installed this afternoon with 2 less holes in it.
awesome!!!

glad everything worked out on the ride with you Jeff!!!

had lots of fun
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
rockinrose said:
Lets just say I new 240 is getting installed this afternoon with 2 less holes in it.
ouch.. just out of curiosity.. Why didn't you go with a Metz 260?? Most here agree it rolls better and turns better than the stock Dunnie...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DaltonH said:
ouch.. just out of curiosity.. Why didn't you go with a Metz 260?? Most here agree it rolls better and turns better than the stock Dunnie...
If I remember, he gets the tire for free...and that would be a good reason to get back with the stock 240
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I have the tire warranty and it had to be a stock size tire on the replacement. They did put on the Metz 240 so we'll see how this one is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
Kewl.. Trying to decide if I want to wait for my stocker to wear out.. Was thinking about just ordering a Metz 260 from Hal and Monster and wrapping the stocker up for a spare 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DaltonH said:
Kewl.. Trying to decide if I want to wait for my stocker to wear out.. Was thinking about just ordering a Metz 260 from Hal and Monster and wrapping the stocker up for a spare 8)
that could be a plan... 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,103 Posts
great time snake, we had a blast on the way back too. not far to Lampassas on 183 but from there to just north of Stephenville on 281 was some nice road. wouldn't you know once we hooked onto I20 just north on Stephenville they were working on it too! I don't know what it is about Interstates around here but they are taking them down for work right and left. 281 was nice and smooth and even had some curves and ups/downs to it and passing lanes on the uphill parts! next time we have to head that way Rockinrose and I will definetely go down that way instead of I35. Ouch, that road hurt. I was wired until I got home, umm we kinda was picking up speed there at the end. Once I got home the adreneline wore off and I collapsed and slept part of the night on the recliner. Nothing like pulling an all nighter here at work then riding all day until night time again but it was great, glad to meet your friends too. Kinda wished the v-star guy was more experienced but all in all had a fantastic trip. :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,103 Posts
Rockinrose, sorry if I upped the speed a little on entry into cowtown but we were mainly just keeping up with the flow. I was very tired after working all night and riding all day but it was fun and good to ride with you. I slept like a rock. :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
steve j said:
great time snake, we had a blast on the way back too. not far to Lampassas on 183 but from there to just north of Stephenville on 281 was some nice road. wouldn't you know once we hooked onto I20 just north on Stephenville they were working on it too! I don't know what it is about Interstates around here but they are taking them down for work right and left. 281 was nice and smooth and even had some curves and ups/downs to it and passing lanes on the uphill parts! next time we have to head that way Rockinrose and I will definetely go down that way instead of I35. Ouch, that road hurt. I was wired until I got home, umm we kinda was picking up speed there at the end. Once I got home the adreneline wore off and I collapsed and slept part of the night on the recliner. Nothing like pulling an all nighter here at work then riding all day until night time again but it was great, glad to meet your friends too. Kinda wished the v-star guy was more experienced but all in all had a fantastic trip. :bigthumbsup:
I rode 281 from Witchita Falls all the way to Johnson City when I was bringing my bike back from Oklahoma.. there was only an 8 mile stretch of road just south of Lampasas that was recently tarred and graveled, but the majority of the gravel was gone or completely stuck down to the road. Was an excellent ride... if a bit windy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,103 Posts
yeah Dalton we hooked up on 281 in Lampassas so we did not see that part south of there but it was smooth as glass and just curvy and hilly enough to keep from getting bored. nice ride all the way to just north of Stephenville where we branched off to I20 where we hit the road work again. I35 on the other hand was like a minefield from just out of Dallas all the way to where we cut off to 190 in Belton. some times one lane would be ok and the other would be cratered out then sometimes both lanes were crap. I urge bike riders to avoid it if at all possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
steve j said:
great time snake, we had a blast on the way back too. not far to Lampassas on 183 but from there to just north of Stephenville on 281 was some nice road. wouldn't you know once we hooked onto I20 just north on Stephenville they were working on it too! I don't know what it is about Interstates around here but they are taking them down for work right and left. 281 was nice and smooth and even had some curves and ups/downs to it and passing lanes on the uphill parts! next time we have to head that way Rockinrose and I will definetely go down that way instead of I35. Ouch, that road hurt. I was wired until I got home, umm we kinda was picking up speed there at the end. Once I got home the adreneline wore off and I collapsed and slept part of the night on the recliner. Nothing like pulling an all nighter here at work then riding all day until night time again but it was great, glad to meet your friends too. Kinda wished the v-star guy was more experienced but all in all had a fantastic trip. :bigthumbsup:
Thanks again for coming!!! I really enjoyed it and hope to do it again sometime soon!!!! Always a pleasure seeing ya Steve and I really enjoyed being able to ride with ya this time instead of meeting up...Glad you arrived home safe!! I slept like a rock too...got called out again at 930 pm Saturday and arrived home at 300 am...got back up at 630 am and rode to Glenrose...Sunday was a tiring day too...but I still love the riding Saturday and Sunday!!

give me your email addy and I will send you the photo album from the Llano ride
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
Here ya go bro.. thats a lot of pics btw! Sorry to those of you on dial-up, but this is probably gonna kill ya!

Yahoo says I no longer have permission to view these images... So I've hijacked them, put them up on photobucket, and tacked clickable thumbnails to the end of the thread.. enjoy and good night!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
steve j said:
Rockinrose, sorry if I upped the speed a little on entry into cowtown but we were mainly just keeping up with the flow. I was very tired after working all night and riding all day but it was fun and good to ride with you. I slept like a rock. :bigthumbsup:
I was fine with the speed. Remember I race most weekends and am a bit of a speedfreak. Glad your feeling rested and it was a pleasure riding with you. I also slept like a rock. Didnt even want to look at my 9 for a few days.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top