M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
October 7, 2006

Setting up a Llano ride through the Texas Hill Country across the Buchannan Dam and ending up eating some fine BBQ...We will take off in the morning and take a nice scenic ride...

let me know who can make it so we can arrange a meeting place and head out...

hope to see ya'll coming!!!

·
Registered
908 Posts
As I mentioned on the other board, I'm in riding from Canyon City since I will have already rode to that point from San Antonio for an early morning event. Can leave from there around 10ish and head towards Llano via Blanco, Johnson City, etc. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hogthong said:
As I mentioned on the other board, I'm in riding from Canyon City since I will have already rode to that point from San Antonio for an early morning event. Can leave from there around 10ish and head towards Llano via Blanco, Johnson City, etc. :bigthumbsup:
sounds great...probably make the meeting place Coopers then (I guess that would make sense...LOL)

·
Registered
119 Posts
If I don't have any conflicts, I'm up for that ride. I'll keep an eye out as we get closer to that date. Tks...... :D

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jibaro said:
If I don't have any conflicts, I'm up for that ride. I'll keep an eye out as we get closer to that date. Tks...... :D
no problem...look forward to having you

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
hey snake, met you and your dad in centerville a while back when the Houston/DFW guys got together. I am off that weekend so where/when are you leaving from. I am in Ft Worth area so I would have to hook up with you on your turf. thanks.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
steve j said:
hey snake, met you and your dad in centerville a while back when the Houston/DFW guys got together. I am off that weekend so where/when are you leaving from. I am in Ft Worth area so I would have to hook up with you on your turf. thanks.
Yeah Steve!! Be awesome to see you again....and get the opportunity to ride with you...I was thinking of having folks meet me in Copperas Cove...just wanted to get an idea of who is coming...

thanks!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DaltonH said:
Wish I could make it 8(Â Will be out of town during that time frame... but hope you guys have a great ride!
wish you could too, the more the merrier!!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I know flunky is out cause he has to work. I am only off because I took off the rest of my Saturdays for the year! yahoo!. I had a PM with Bullie one of the guys in the DFW area and we shall see if we can get some more riders from up here. I know some from the Houston bunch are cruizin into College station for the Bike races at Texas World on Sunday the 8th. Shoot me a location there in Copperas Cove, something with and address like maybe an IHOP or something if you got one. If I solo or lead out from here I will pull a map up online to make my way there or at least for reference plus IHOP sounds good for a cup of joe. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
steve j said:
I know flunky is out cause he has to work. I am only off because I took off the rest of my Saturdays for the year! yahoo!. I had a PM with Bullie one of the guys in the DFW area and we shall see if we can get some more riders from up here. I know some from the Houston bunch are cruizin into College station for the Bike races at Texas World on Sunday the 8th. Shoot me a location there in Copperas Cove, something with and address like maybe an IHOP or something if you got one. If I solo or lead out from here I will pull a map up online to make my way there or at least for reference plus IHOP sounds good for a cup of joe. :bigthumbsup:
sounds great!!! I am very excited about the ride...basically to get to Copperas Cove just hit I35 south and you will exit heading west on hwy 190 toward Killeen/Fort Hood...190 runs right through Copperas Cove...I will get ya an address on where we will be waiting...I am very glad you are going to make it and get other riders to make it too...

Steve

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
thanks, should be fun. Bullie is out too as he will just be flying back in from California and jet lagged out. I will see if any others will go. Macs or Jack in the crack would work, just figure I may need a cup of joe by the time I get there.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
steve j said:
thanks, should be fun. Bullie is out too as he will just be flying back in from California and jet lagged out. I will see if any others will go. Macs or Jack in the crack would work, just figure I may need a cup of joe by the time I get there.
a cup of good joe is never a bad idea

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hope some of the guys that went to the Centerville meet can make this!!

as well as anyone else!!!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I will but don't know if any other DFW riders are going. give us a specific meeting place there in Coppers Cove area ok? thanks.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
steve j said:
I will but don't know if any other DFW riders are going. give us a specific meeting place there in Coppers Cove area ok? thanks.
I figure we can meet at the IHOP in Killeen, Tx and we can have some coffee before we go...say around 10 am or so

here is the addy

700 W Central Texas Expy
Killeen, Tx 76541

here is my cell number if you have any problems

254-291-7774

Thanks!
Steve

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
hehe.. that address looks way familiar bro.. was stationed at Hood for almost 5 years (my last 5 in the Army no less). Haven't been thru there much in the time since I got out... Too many nightmares when I see Camo 8)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DaltonH said:
hehe.. that address looks way familiar bro.. was stationed at Hood for almost 5 years (my last 5 in the Army no less). Haven't been thru there much in the time since I got out... Too many nightmares when I see Camo 8)
LOL...I know what you mean...

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
you talking about I35? I know they have a way of glorifying the name of a high way like "North Central Expressway" is just U.S. 75 to us here in Dallas. If it's off 35 I can find it. thanks.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts