M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the photo gallery guys http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=395507 I was up all night cleaning trees off of my in-laws house and brother in-laws house. The doors blew open on my in-laws house and their upstairs had 3 inches of water in it and the basement had 2 feet. We just went around with chainsaws and cut up trees until about 2 am. Power will be out for about 5 days.

I know it doesn't compare to a real hurricane but it's as close as we are going to get.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Glad you are OK
been there, done that over half a dozen times after Hurricanes. Some on long Island, and the rest in NC.
I'll take Huricanes and Blizzards (actually love them) anythime over earthquakes.

On LI years ago all the builders put sidewalks on both sides of the street and planted Sugar Maples (about 2 to a house) in between the sidewalk
and the curb. We had lovely tree lined streets where they touched over the road....
In one storm 75+ of these trees were blown down in a row going up and over the crest of a hill. It completely changed the neighborhood.

Sledzep

·
Registered
532 Posts
sledzep01 said:
I'll take Huricanes and Blizzards (actually love them) anythime over earthquakes.

Sledzep
Why, what's wrong with a little shaking? Earthquakes don't last nearly as long as hurricanes, tornadoes, and blizzards.

·
Registered
686 Posts
That was a nasty storm, but somehow it skipped around me. I was in Stansbury Park (just North of Tooele) and got a lot of rain, but not the nasty winds. I then headed to Salt Lake and it was calm. Headed down to Draper and it was fairly calm there all night.
All of those areas saw their share of the storm, just not when I happened to be there. I did stop by my house in Taylorsville as the storm supposedly really hit parts of that city, but the only thing I had was the garbage can knocked over. Guess I got lucky this time.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I saw the damage on the news this morning. That's kind of unusual weather for you guys isn't it? Glad to hear you didn't suffer much damage.

·
Registered
363 Posts
L-Train,

I'm sorry to hear about the property damage but relieved to learn you're all safe.

I saw the aftermath on the news as well. Odd times.

Stay strong.

LG

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
J R said:
Man dude glad your still with us :eek: Dot get hurt till we get done with your 109 ;)
Once we are done with it JR I will sign an affidavit leaving it to you in case anything happens :2cool:

You guys are all my witnesses. I bite it, the bike goes to John.

Everyone we know and love are safe. Her moms friend went into a trailer to close the windows and when she came out a 70ft maple landed on it.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
L-Train said:
Once we are done with it JR I will sign an affidavit leaving it to you in case anything happens :2cool:

You guys are all my witnesses. I bite it, the bike goes to John.

Everyone we know and love are safe. Her moms friend went into a trailer to close the windows and when she came out a 70ft maple landed on it.
JR, for the right price...oh nevermind, check your PM. :a18:

G

·
Glad to hear you are ok...

I prefer hurricanes over earthequakes 'cause we know is coming with time enough to prepare and weather it out...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts