M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I'll check with my welder and see how much time he has in the bracket.
I will see what I have in machining  time and materials.
The biggest thing these are hand made not CNC made.
They will not be perfect or all exactly the same.
If I make them you will have to polish them yourself.
HAND MADE
I JUST WANT YOU TO REALIZE THEY ARE NOT PERFECT LIKE A CNC.
If interested PM me so I can get a rough idea how many I have to plan for.

If I sell them.

I will see if I can find somebody to chrome. There just isn't any chrome shops around Gillette, Wy except industrial chrome.
I should have the lighting figured out tomarrow.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Also, how about a horizontal version? I've read a few comments about how the vertical ones are illegal in some states. I myself would buy one of each from you just in case I got hassled about the vertical one. Just a thought.

·
Registered
84 Posts
+1

Chrome -OR- Standard. Chrome preferred.

Mounting hardware etc. THX

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yeh, I like it a lot, and would go for one if the price was anything close to reasonable.

SLOWPOKE387:

You might want to check on your state regs. From what I have read here on the Board, it's not so much that the plate is VERTICAL, but that it is mounted on the SIDE of the bike, and therefore is not visible from an angle to the right. Hate to see you try to accommodate the lawman, and STILL get burned.

·
Registered
426 Posts
tomph1 - You're right about that. I think I'll go online and check that out. I was just thinking that I may get hassled a little less if the #'s were horizontal, even if a sidewinder does turn out to be illegal here in Taxachussetts. Which it probably would be. I'm suprised motorcycles are even legal here at all the way they govern everything so tight. It's ridiculous here.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This idea may save you money on production costs as well as looking sharp on all colors for the M109. Plus it won't distract from the lines of the bike.

Go with the OEM powder-coating color of the wheels and hub. A simple powder coating blast would save more $$$ than chroming and it might actually look better. I think it would have a nice flow off the wheel and hub vs. some piece of chrome slapped on the side!

:)"Officer... That's a OEM bracket... Just look at the factory flow! Plus you and I both know there's no room for a plate near that phatty rear!"
:cop:"Son, you're right... Sorry for being an ass and pulling you over for something stupid"
:)"Thanks P.O. dude"

I'd get a kick out of telling the judge my custom is so damn low and phat that there is no room for clearance in a corner with a horizontal mount. It's vertical for safety or I can mount it to the back of my shirt... What would you rather have me do judge?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
WIZARD said:
:)"Officer... That's a OEM bracket... Just look at the factory flow! Plus you and I both know there's no room for a plate near that phatty rear!"
:cop:"Son, you're right... Sorry for being an ass and pulling you over for something stupid"
:)"Thanks P.O. dude"
:a20: :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts