M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My M109R was in the middle of an empty parking lot at a liquor store. When I left the store, a Harley pulls next to my M109R.

The guy was driving by on his brand new Street Bob.

The Harley guy drooled over the M109R and gave me all the stats he read on the web. He couldn't believe how the thing looked in person. He said his Street Bob looked like a peanut bike by comparison. The Street Bob was Harley's new scheme of crinkle black paint on the motor and casings, and flat black (like primer) on the remaining metal parts; uuuuuuuuugly!

I asked what he paid for his Street Bob. He said $13K (but I bet he paid a bit more). I told him I paid $11,300 for the M109R. I asked him how much power the Spring Bob put out. He said "Not much" (really, that's a quote!).

He said he stopped because all the Harley riders at a Harley bar had seen an M109R in town and that was all the talk. What they saw wasn't mine unfortunately . . . there's another in town.

Anyway, the Harley guy was nice, but I'm sure his ass is sore from kicking it ever since he saw the M109R after buying that Street Bob.

·
Registered
817 Posts
My109R said:
The Street Bob was Harley's new scheme of crinkle black paint on the motor and casings, and flat black (like primer) on the remaining metal parts; uuuuuuuuugly!
That's what Harley calls "Black Denim", and it actualy looks pretty cool on the Night Rod.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I like the street bob. They are puny, though.

·
Registered
817 Posts
300CREW said:
I like the street bob. They are puny, though.
Me too, but to make it a real "bob", they need to get rid of that front fender. Of course, it'd probably be tough to sell a bike that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts