M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have the Limited edition with the sport stipes?

Im trying to get the measurements of the stirpes to put on a Black M109R

Need the width of all the stripes and spacing....

Thanks

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
VRSCD said:

Thanks
I think they have only been seen at shows so far, they have not shipped. This might give you an idea.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
VRSCD said:

Thanks
Not sure if you want actual paint or just vinyl striping, but I saw a roll of white striping almost identical to the LE stripe at Advance Auto for $20. It was a 20' roll, so plenty to cover the bike. It even had the small stripes on each side.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I wish there was a better pic of this bike from the front. From what I can tell, it looks like the stripe on the front fender (and possibly the nacelle) is smaller than the rest of the bike.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Medic1210 said:
I wish there was a better pic of this bike from the front. From what I can tell, it looks like the stripe on the front fender (and possibly the nacelle) is smaller than the rest of the bike.
I think you need to quit looking at internet pictures and making judgements. The 280 was off 3/4" according to the picture, the v-rod had a smaller tire than the 109 according to the pictures, the stripes on the LE were off according to the pictures and it seems like there were a few more things that were off according to the pictures. No more pictures for you! ;)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Lamonster said:
I think you need to quit looking at internet pictures and making judgements. The 280 was off 3/4" according to the picture, the v-rod had a smaller tire than the 109 according to the pictures, the stripes on the LE were off according to the pictures and it seems like there were a few more things that were off according to the pictures. No more pictures for you! ;)
Ouch. In my defense... the VRod tire was smaller, and according to the guy riding it, it was obviously smaller in person too... so much so that he had to get on his hands and knees to verify that it was in fact a 240.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The stripe would almost have to be smaller on the front fender or it wouldn't fit or look right! If they kept it the same size the whole front fender would be white or almost so! IMHO :D :bigthumbsup:

"WHO ARE YOU" LOL ,I LOVE THIS CSI STUFF :D :joke: Later silentrider

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
silentrider said:
The stripe would almost have to be smaller on the front fender or it wouldn't fit or look right! If they kept it the same size the whole front fender would be white or almost so! IMHO :D :bigthumbsup:
That was my thinking too. That's why I asked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lamonster said:
I think they have only been seen at shows so far, they have not shipped. This might give you an idea.
Thanks for the pics! They will help....I will probally go with 3M Vinyl. I Have an installer at my Dealership thats does our advertising...I wanted to give him an idea...

Heres her M109R... Oh and My Night Rod as well! :evil:

·
Registered
890 Posts
2006moy said:
Good looking bikes. Amazing how much alike the 2 look.  :bigthumbsup:
NOW! danged style stealer Harley dudes... :joke: :evil: :doorag:

Devilish

P.S.
Yeah I'll admit its a good looking ride :eek: ok now I said it...going to wash my mouth out with .....scotch

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DevilishEyes109 said:
NOW! danged style stealer Harley dudes... :joke: :evil:Â :doorag:

Devilish

P.S.
Yeah I'll admit its a good looking ride :eek: ok now I said it...going to wash my mouth out with .....scotch
I know can you believe Suzuki would copy Harley! You would think they would come up with their own ideas...
Vrod since 2002
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcharley/vrod.motml

And Yes.... they do look good together

·
Registered
629 Posts
IMO Suzuki didn't directly copy the v-rod. They saw the potential in a half thought out idea, finished thinking, didn't forget to do the math on the half scale model, then went and built an engine (their own) suited to the bada$$ style they brought to compleation, put it all together and out came the 109. :D

The v-rod does look good though, just not as good as the 109. ::)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts