M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stripped out one of my bolts that holds the headlight on , how can I fix it so I can get it out?:doorag:

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Drill it out or cut a slot in it and use a flat head to get it out. They should not be on there that tight.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thnx

Donkershurn, my fellow brethren:bigthumbsup: oh BTW it is an allen boltr will the:bigthumbsup: bolt extract:bigthumbsup:ing kit work on it

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,850 Posts
Donkershurn, my fellow brethren:bigthumbsup: oh BTW it is an allen boltr will the:bigthumbsup: bolt extract:bigthumbsup:ing kit work on it
It will work, but you need to drill it with a small, maybe 3mm or 4mm bit. It's only a 6mm bolt.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I just used a dremel on one of my screws and made a flat head slot. then used a flat head screw driver to get it out. THAT BEING SAID! It wasn't in a place where I could of slipped and really caused some damage. you'd have to be REALLY careful.:confused:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I just used a dremel on one of my screws and made a flat head slot. then used a flat head screw driver to get it out. THAT BEING SAID! It wasn't in a place where I could of slipped and really caused some damage. you'd have to be REALLY careful.:confused:
Those dremel tools sure are handy LOL. A lot of problems have been fixed with one.............

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
The dreaded 4mm allen. :dontknow: If you have some torx bits, you can find the size thats just a bit bigger than the 4mm and use a small hammer to gently tap it into the stripped allen. I've done this way too many times but I dont remember what size torx I used. It's worked every time.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
The dreaded 4mm allen. :dontknow: If you have some torx bits, you can find the size thats just a bit bigger than the 4mm and use a small hammer to gently tap it into the stripped allen. I've done this way too many times but I dont remember what size torx I used. It's worked every time.:bigthumbsup:
Great advice, Demetri. I was working on a fellow 9er's bike and the stock exhaust foot shield (not sure of exact name...LOL) must have been tightened down by a 500 pound gorilla. I did just what you suggested, and it worked like a charm. :doorag:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts