M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the help of those of you who are really good at working on this bike. Took bike to dealer on Firday and had brakes lines (front and back) installed and signal light replaced that was broken in a fall. Bike worked well initally with the exception of a strange sound from the right middle side when you turn key on and turn it off. Rode it about 65 miles last night and it was running great. Now today I have no tach, no speedo, gas gauge, and no signals. Head light works fine but everything else is gone. Bike starts fine and seems to run fine. What should I suggest they look at when I take it back to them in the morning? Any help is welcome!!

Pleaseeeee help I am now very depressed. Ruined my ride for today too so I depressed and PO'd!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No mechanical skills whatsoever so can you point me in the right direction once I get the seat off?? Yes, I can take the seat off!! LOL ::) ::) ::)

G

·
Even if he finds a fuse that's blown, he still doesn't know what's causing it to short out. Obviously it was something done recently.

·
Registered
752 Posts
You probably have 2 wires that are bare and are bouncing around and touch now and then at that is the noise. The touched to long and blew a fuse. You can replace the fuse (in a box under your seat) but it will probably blow again.

Get it to your dealer or an electronically skilled buddy. It will be way easy for him or her.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealer and service has been great up to now so I will be sitting in their parking lot at 9 AM when they arrive for work. Thanks for all the input and it is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Have them show you how to check your fuses while your there. Your bike has spares on board and one day it could make the difference between sitting somewhere waiting for someone to pick you up and just changing one and heading on.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Bullie said:
I need the help of those of you who are really good at working on this bike. Took bike to dealer on Firday and had brakes lines (front and back) installed and signal light replaced that was broken in a fall. Bike worked well initally with the exception of a strange sound from the right middle side when you turn key on and turn it off. Rode it about 65 miles last night and it was running great. Now today I have no tach, no speedo, gas gauge, and no signals. Head light works fine but everything else is gone. Bike starts fine and seems to run fine. What should I suggest they look at when I take it back to them in the morning? Any help is welcome!!

Pleaseeeee help I am now very depressed. Ruined my ride for today too so I depressed and PO'd!!!
Does it sound like something creaking open/closed??

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes that is exactly how it sounds. You have any idea what it might be?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:mad:that is not funny at all....LOL The funny thing is I didnt even get worried once I saw that the post came from JR. Come on JR you know this bike so give me some place to start....For REAL!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts