M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something I just found out about the Big Bike LED lights and the Kuryakyn LED lights. :read:
http://directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6025&str=290
http://directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=5121&str=290

Here's what I found.

The BB lights blink a little fast but not bad enough to put a load equalizer on it. I had the BB lights on front too but they are only a two wire system and I didn't have running lights because of it. Not a big deal but I came across some Kury lights that look the same but were a three wire light so I could hook up the other wire for running lights. That worked fine but they flashed way too fast and I had to put the load equalizer on to get then to slow down. I think they are still faster than stock but are the same as the Big Bike without a load equalizer. I never did try the Big Bike with the load equalizer so I don't know if that would have helped or not. ::) If you run the Kury lights you have to have a way to slow it down. If you run the Big Bike lights you can do without the load equalizer and the lights are a little cheaper but they don't have a third wire.

If you look to the left you can see where I mounted the load equalizer.

G

·
While we are on the topic. Would you mind identifying the turn signal wires for me:

Green =

Black stripe =

Solid black =

I am having a tough time hooking up my new LED lights and knowing which one is which would be helpful. Thanks in advance. The post on the Load equalizer with the pix is very helpful as well. After the turn signal install that is the next step. You da man bro!

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bruno said:
While we are on the topic. Would you mind identifying the turn signal wires for me:

Green =

Black stripe =

Solid black =

I am having a tough time hooking up my new LED lights and knowing which one is which would be helpful. Thanks in advance. The post on the Load equalizer with the pix is very helpful as well. After the turn signal install that is the next step. You da man bro!
Doing this from memory but green is running lights, black was power (to red) and black stripe went to black I'm pretty sure.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Bruno said:

Green =

Black stripe =

Solid black =

I can only speak for the rear signals, but this should translate to the front too.

Green= Hot signal

Black/White Striped= Ground

Solid Black= Running Light (This is using common deduction since the rear signals are two wire and use green as hot and striped as ground. I assume the solid black up front is the running light)

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Medic1210 said:
I can only speak for the rear signals, but this should translate to the front too.

Green= Hot signal

Black/White Striped= Ground

Solid Black= Running Light (This is using common deduction since the rear signals are two wire and use green as hot and striped as ground. I assume the solid black up front is the running light)
On the front the green is one plug and the blk and blk stripe is another plug.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Lamonster said:
On the front the green is one plug and the blk and blk stripe is another plug.
Ok cool. I have only wired rear signals when I did the plate bracket install with Kury Silver Bullets. I had to figure out for myself which wire was which. Weird that Suzuki would not just keep the color scheme the same up front as they do in the rear.

G

·
Thanks alot Lamont. Now they work perfectly. Just have to clean up my connections. When I hooked up the Load Equalizer there was not a big difference in the flash rate. Do you know if there are any long term problems that could arise from not using one??? Rest of my goodies are due in UPS from Direct Line tomorrow and hoping to have the bike back together tomorrow night. YIPEE!!!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
JYD here, just did front turnsignals this past weekend. 2 plugs to front signals. 1 plug has single wire, this is for marker lights. the other plug has 2 wires, black and white is the ground and the solid black is power.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Good info, guys. I did the front and rear earlier today. Pics are in the Pics section. Oh, yeah... hacked off the license plate mount, too :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts