M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
I was working out in that storm yesterday. The lightning was pretty fierce. I work about 7 miles from where that happened. I friggin' hate lightning. I work for the railroad and am outside walking around all that metal every afternoon while the bolts are flying. Poor guy. Just riding along and gets zapped from the Heavens.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
unfortunately, on a bike your body makes contact with the ground thru your legs so there is a path for lightning to take to ground... where as in a car encased in metal and isloated by the tires a lightning strike would be much less likely... the removal of the rabbit ears from the helmet might be a good idea... Guess I'll have to get a satellite dish

·
Registered
593 Posts
You wanna talk about pucker factor. When I was doing some storm restoration for the utility comp. I work for I was 35 feet off the ground on a wooden pole when lightning was banging all around me. I had to restore service as this was a critical customer. I stayed up there another 15 min. until the rest of my connections were made up. :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts