M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Once chrome is scratched, it's pretty much scratched. IMHO you can try lots of things/products, but in the end aside from getting it re-chromed you are boned.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Sorry for the hi-jack, but is there a product to remove surface scratches from the ABS chrome?

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Once chrome is scratched, it's pretty much scratched. IMHO you can try lots of things/products, but in the end aside from getting it re-chromed you are boned.
:agree:

Sorry for the hi-jack, but is there a product to remove surface scratches from the ABS chrome?
And? It's kind of saying I have a cure for the common cold and then forget to mention what it is. :dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,852 Posts
You can buff light scratches out of real chrome with a buffer and the right compound. For the chromed plastic stuff you are better off replacing it. You go through the chrome on even the lightest scratches before they disappear.

I've buffed the muffler and other exhaust parts on my bike and removed fine scratches, it takes a lot of buffing with a real buffer and you have to be careful not to leave swirls. I've also reduced some really light scuffs on the tachometer using Nu Finish Scratch Doctor and applying it with latex gloves. But you go a little too far and it goes through the finish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts