M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess im 1 of many guys that would like to have a lift table but dont wanna fork out the $$$$.

came across this site that sells plans to build your own. Hmmmm.

anybody ever try to build one from plans ???

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have not built one, but have thought about it.

The conclusion I came to was that once I added up all of the materials, there was like a $40 savings over buying the $299 Harbor Freight lift.

Now, if you have cheap access to that much angle iron, then it does not seem to tough to build.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a shop that carries scrap metal that would have the shorter sections at a discounted price. But the longer ones would be a lil more. I tried to find a set of free prints but no luck. If I had the materials list id have my buddy check it out next time he was at the shop.:-\

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
There is a shop that carries scrap metal that would have the shorter sections at a discounted price. But the longer ones would be a lil more. I tried to find a set of free prints but no luck. If I had the materials list id have my buddy check it out next time he was at the shop.:-\
You do not really need plans to figure a rough parts list.

You need a base and a platform, so you need 4 lengths as long as you want the thing to be.

You need ladder supports the width you want, say 4 for the platform, 4 for the base and 1 for each set of lift arms, so 10 total.

You need lift arms, which involves some math about the jack you want to use considering lifting height and weight capacity of the jack and desired lifting ability and desired table height of the platform. Anywho, figure 4, 4' lengths would be more than you would need.

You need a top deck, so figure that for the size you want.

There is your basic lengths list.

·
Registered
890 Posts
You could find someone with a lift table that you could take dimensions from BUT after you take the time to hunt down all materials & supplys unless you just want to build one your self as SR mentioned you probably won't save much I have a H/F table works great find one on sale or used ? good luck !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts