M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
El you asked to see a couple more pics of life at the beach in Whangamata NZ so here goes.

Before and after the paint job

on the Harbour

The boat was built from Kauri in 1924 and has a hard chine planning hull still does 12 Knots with 120 HP Ford desiel.
Also the fishing is great, we have a beautiful natural harbour, and a great surf beach can't wait its nearly summer

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry if I am out of order, I was simply answering a request for more pics of the beach where I live from EL
These people are my family my wife my daughter my grand daughter my life my 109 sometimes stays in the garage. I appologise if I don't appear one eyed but everyones life needs balance, Love & beauty otherwise why bother. thats where I live, its me and mine and heres the 109.

Once again sorry for sharing if a mate askes me a question I try and answer it, and I hope that is the status we all share. (mates with 109s)
Cheers from very sunny Whangamata now I have to go to work
Phil

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
You are a very lucky man CORIMAN!!!!! AWESOME 109 PIC! That'll shut me up!!!!! My jaw dropped to the floor along with some drooooooool.

THanks for the pics, it looks very beautiful, nice Fam too.

Im glad you chose the Black 109! So did I!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
WohoSo said:
:bigthumbsup: That is one beautiful place.  :doorag:
Yes I consider it the most beautiful country in the world
Until I see the USA of course ;)
Loved my holidays there :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for your kind words Aussie109 and baldylatino, I love where I live and ride my 109, mainly because 35years ago I made a choice to leave my folks and travel 13000 miles and build a life of my dreams by working hard for me and my family. Now at 57 I am slowing down on the work and picking up on the leisure, and thats where the 109 fits in perfectly. Time for a picture

We welcome visitors to our town, so if any 109ers are passing on tour call in for a coffee

Cheers phil

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We love our American wheels in Whangamata so each year in April we have a Rock & Roll Beach hop
Elvis usually turns up (thats where he went when he last left the building) and we usually attract about 800 V8 cars and hundreds of motorcycles. Our population is normally 5,000 but over three days we can grow to over 50,000. I will try to attach a video link then click on Beachhop promo. Spot the American flags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBYPKhPeOOs

Hope this works and there are enough motorcycles so as not to cause a problem
Enjoy: - we do every year, so come on down under for a look.
Cheers Phil

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry got it wrong try again

]]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBYPKhPeOOs

Help

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Aussie 109 a mate of mine from Whangamata owns that 58 Corvette, its a minter, he also has a 78 Vet. We are both members of the Whangamata Ocean sports club and I get to ride in them now and again.
Cheers Phil

·
Registered
134 Posts
:bigthumbsup: The Beach Hop looks like a blast. It's only two weeks now until Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach, FL :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Nice shots Phil. I came up for the "Hop" but it was so darn wet on your coast, I headed up to the far north. Will try to make it next year on the 109.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Greg, yep last time the weather was a disaster with weekends bothsides being beautiful.
Here a photo of me on that wet weekend at the Hop with the Muzzy in the background.

]

Ok another one riding along our street Â

Cheers Phil

·
Registered
94 Posts
Phil,

My other hobby, the expensive one as you know, is boating. So let me tell you that I have never seen a boat like yours! The lines on that boat are the most beautiful that i've ever seen! It will never go out of style which is very rare. It looks utilitarian yet elegant, classic yet vogue. Nothing like that here in Florida. Good on ya mate!

Mike

1 - 20 of 26 Posts