M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok prob open a can of worms between 1/2 vs 3/4 vs full face lids...i USE to wear full face whenever i ride (can off sport bike)but since got the 9 been findin myself ridin w/o lid(to look cooler:doorag:)...would like 1/2 DOT but they make my head look like a mushroom,and the 1s that look good r novelty and not DOT...
found company call ZOX,does any1 have any feedback on em???they have an old school half shell beanie lookin 1 was lookin at...
any other options???thanks:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I have a ZOX helmet but it is a full face, it's really :edit: quality. Which lid are you looking to buy? Got a pic?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I just remember following a guy with a 3/4 and seeing a van hit him on the freeway. He flew off the bike and skidded face first down the road. When I got to him he was dying. He might have made it but the whole lower half of his face was gone from below the eyes to his throat. I wear a full face everywhere after that.
Bob

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I just remember following a guy with a 3/4 and seeing a van hit him on the freeway. He flew off the bike and skidded face first down the road. When I got to him he was dying. He might have made it but the whole lower half of his face was gone from below the eyes to his throat. I wear a full face everywhere after that.
Bob
:eek:

·
Registered
483 Posts
http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/dothelmets.php

Get a carbon fiber helmet, smaller and lighter, and DOT!! :agree:

I just purchased on Monday and I'm waiting for them to make and ship. I went with the novelty style after talking to the sales department. They stated that the shell is the same as the dot, and the only difference is the thickness of the liner. Right now I don't wear a helmet in AZ, but can't wait to start. Take a good look at these and I'm sure you'll be the next owner, and don't forget to ask for military discount of 10%.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Imagine riding a HD with a full face!:eek:

We're lucky in that the 9 is one of the very very few cruisers where you actually look BETTER wearing a full face riding it, than any other type of helmet. 8)

We should take advantage of that.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Bob
I only wear a full face.VERY rare occasion I wear the mushroom top,when it is very hot out.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bob
:eek:..
if i know im goin on the highway i wear full face,just round city streets,beach got to use to squidin it out...

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,917 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
The best way to survive an accident is to avoid it.
??? Damn. And THAT's your reason for wearing a salad bowl on your head??!?:dontknow:
You're kidding yourself, buddy!

·
Administrator
5,917 Posts
Here we go again!

Last summer I was IN a wreck BECAUSE I did not see or hear the cager while in my full face. I will NEVER wear a full face helmet again.

Experience has proven to me that they restrict both vision and hearing.

That is my personal experience. You may choose otherwise. I have heard all the c0ckamamie arguments for a full face, I'm not buyin' it. Been there, done that, got the injuries from it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Not at all. Last summer I was IN a wreck BECAUSE I did not see or hear the cager while in my full face. I will NEVER wear a full face helmet again.

Experience has proven to me that they restrict both vision and hearing.

That is my personal experience. You may choose otherwise. I have heard all the c0ckamamie arguments for a full face, I'm not buyin' it. Been there, done that, got the injuries from it.
Pete, my sunglasses restrict more vision than my full face! Put a full face on and put sunglasses on, you wont see the edges of your full face. And you wearing sunglasses with half helmet is the same range of vision!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Skid lids

I wear an Arai profile. my buddy makes a comment "you paid almost a thousand dollars for that thing" as he stands next to me holding his bioffe (89 dollar special). My reply......dude I put my head in it......enuf said. The only ride I make without my brain bucket is from the garage to the driveway to give her a bath. Oh yeah forgot to mention, I am a police officer and see a lot of the aftermath of the "turtle shells". No thanks, I like my head and face.....

·
Administrator
5,917 Posts
Wrong, Irish. We'll play catch at the meet with our helmets on. I'll bring a whiffle ball. See who can consistently see and catch the ball.

This is gonna degenerate into the same crap arguments as always. I know what I know. I believe what I believe.

I won't try to change your minds, you don't try to change mine. AND, this thread has nothing to do with full face. That's completely OFF-TOPIC.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Wrong, Irish. We'll play catch at the meet with our helmets on. I'll bring a whiffle ball. See who can consistently see and catch the ball.

This is gonna degenerate into the same crap arguments as always. I know what I know. I believe what I believe.

I won't try to change your minds, you don't try to change mine.
I'm not wrong pete, its a fact! My bobster sunglasses restrict my vision more than my Icon Claymore full face helmet. I'm not making an argument out of it, And I'm not trying to change your mind. Just stating a fact from my experience

I could care less if you wear a full face or half helmet, its not my head!!!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wear an Arai profile. my buddy makes a comment "you paid almost a thousand dollars for that thing" as he stands next to me holding his bioffe (89 dollar special). My reply......dude I put my head in it......enuf said. The only ride I make without my brain bucket is from the garage to the driveway to give her a bath. Oh yeah forgot to mention, I am a police officer and see a lot of the aftermath of the "turtle shells". No thanks, I like my head and face.....
the ''turtle shells'' DOT or not or didnt really make diffrence???
would also figure they would want the :cop: on bikes 2 have full face:dontknow:

·
Administrator
5,917 Posts
OK Irish. My WileyX must have better peripheral vision. Also, I was running a tinted visor on the full face in the sun, not sunglasses.

Besides, if you've seen my face you would see why I don't need to protect it! :a20:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts