M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I had one of those on my Ninja Zx12r and it was because I was up to no good! There is no other reason to have this......That was many years ago and I have no use for one of those today....

·
Registered
680 Posts
Not directed to the OP but this is why they start with the tag laws and why I had to remove my side mount etc...:verymad:

Juice109

G

·
other than up to no good...I've only seen this type of gizmo on "show bikes" however theirs were a lot nicer and completely hid the plate from normal view.....then flip the switch and drive home......

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Great idea, however, if up to mayham with a driver and they cant get your plate because they saw the plate flipping up, the driver gets :edit: off and gets back, by running the motorcyclest over with there car. just a thought in todays, hit and run world we live in.:doorag::doorag:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Would not look good on my 9.

·
Banned
408 Posts
Two weeks ago a young guy on a Honda 900 RR was on the Garden State Parkway at night and purposely tailgated a NJ Trooper in the left lane. The trooper moved over & the guy on the bike blew by him & took off, the trooper noticed there was no plate. But little did the rider know that 15 minutes before the trooper had recorded his plate# thinking he was up to something.
They traced the plate & the next day he was busted at home, turns out he had equipped his bike with a button activated plate flipper. He got arrested & hit with a bunch of charges.
Asking for trouble IMO.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Two weeks ago a young guy on a Honda 900 RR was on the Garden State Parkway at night and purposely tailgated a NJ Trooper in the left lane. The trooper moved over & the guy on the bike blew by him & took off, the trooper noticed there was no plate. But little did the rider know that 15 minutes before the trooper had recorded his plate# thinking he was up to something.
They traced the plate & the next day he was busted at home, turns out he had equipped his bike with a button activated plate flipper. He got arrested & hit with a bunch of charges.
Asking for trouble IMO.
another great point

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
He got arrested & hit with a bunch of charges.
Asking for trouble IMO.
I'll bet one of the charges was "tampering with a license plate" (felony)

·
Registered
518 Posts
My town just installed a bunch of red light cameras and speeding cameras. I'm gonna order two. :verymad::verymad::verymad::verymad:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i had one of those back in the day. paid for itself twenty times over. :evil:

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I'll bet one of the charges was "tampering with a license plate" (felony)
And here I have been, riding my nine with a chopped up plate for four years, and not a single ticket.

I took shears to my plate, and chopped it down to the outline of the letters four years ago when I first got the bike and de-beavered it. I have had countless black-and-whites on my ass numerous times, and all I got to show for it is some :bigthumbsup:

WTF?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think it's sweet, someone finally did it. If you're actually hurting someone, you're gonna get caught. But for all the other crap, let them wonder!

Too bad it won't work with our bikes... (plate to tire clearance).:verymad:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
And here I have been, riding my nine with a chopped up plate for four years, and not a single ticket.

I took shears to my plate, and chopped it down to the outline of the letters four years ago when I first got the bike and de-beavered it. I have had countless black-and-whites on my ass numerous times, and all I got to show for it is some :bigthumbsup:

WTF?
I've trimmed and moved plates too, no big deal. Cops get pissed when you try to decieve them by switching plates, changing numbers or reg. tags or purposely hiding the plate. Do something like that and you're inviting a felony charge which is like Herpes (stays with you for life)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts