M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember awhile back that Florida had a new law about side-mount plates being illegal. Is that still the deal? Does it apply to Out Of State plates as well.?

My 9 will be plated in Georgia, but I plan on making several runs into Florida....just want to avoid the hassle.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I can't see if your bike has out of state plates, that Fl can ticket you for side mount.
I'm not in law enforcement so I can't give a solid answer. Just my own opinion

·
Registered
877 Posts
heard they got rid of that law................but just what I heard....

Good luck, let us know... ;)
u herd right bro...they 86 that law it was unconstitutional or something like that...
have a lawyer buddy that rides(a 9 by the way)he said 4 sure...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
It stated at one point that your plate had to be horizontal, but it was amended to state that it could be horizontal or vertical, but it could not swivel or rotate positions. So you can run your side-mount plate without being hassled.

-Josh

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I can't see if your bike has out of state plates, that Fl can ticket you for side mount.
I'm not in law enforcement so I can't give a solid answer. Just my own opinion
They sure can. It is your responsibility to know the laws of the state you are in, wither it is for a visit, or residence. I got 5 tickets one year in Sturgis. I also got 2 in Wyoming on the way back from Sturgis. And they where stupid laws. Handle bars too high, bike too long, pipes too loud, no MC endorsement, and speeding.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heard they got rid of that law................but just what I heard....

Good luck, let us know... ;)
u herd right bro...they 86 that law it was unconstitutional or something like that...
have a lawyer buddy that rides(a 9 by the way)he said 4 sure...:bigthumbsup:
Sounds cool to me. But if I do get a ticket for a side mount.....

"But officer, this guy I know told me that the law was repealed, so you're an idiot".......:joke:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I thought in Oct of 2008 they passed those new laws saying that side ways license plates were $1000 fine, along with wheelies and 50 or more over speed limit?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok, found the info, yep, the vertical mount law issued in Oct 08 was overturned in Apr 2010.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts