M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'd say that's pretty much guaranteed to get your bike messed with when you aren't looking. I hope it doesn't happen, but I'm not brave enough to test my theory. Good luck bro! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M109Rider said:
I'd say that's pretty much guaranteed to get your bike messed with when you aren't looking. I hope it doesn't happen, but I'm not brave enough to test my theory. Good luck bro! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Do you really think someone would be that offended?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Yes I do. Those 1%ers will probably mutter something about "Jap Crap" as they walk by your bike, casually scraping a key against your tank. I hope not, but they won't like it, I know that much for sure.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Better be able to back it up... Not sayin' that you can't but most bike nights I go to have high concentrations of Harley riders, and I know someone would call you out on that one.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you're referring to the 109 being able to back it up, then I have no doubt that it could eat most of their breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That is what I meant by that phrase.

I have nothing against Harleys I had always wanted one until I saw the 109. I love Harleys and may still get one someday. But I think a lot of people will agree, they really need to catch up with the times. Pretty soon they aren't going to be able to make it on prestige alone.

The last thing I want to do is offend anyone or bash what they ride. But, I guess you're right, some people can't stand the thought of somebody else thinking differently than they do.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ya know...nothing for nothing...I have a total of 2100 miles riding motorcycles and I can tell you there are people out there that are just plain mean. They see that plate and will go cross-eyed. If you plan on never leaving the bike you may get hurt too. Hang it on your wall and leave the talk "to the talk". JOHN

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Do what you like.
some people will be offended by anything you do.
Only an @$$hol3 will attack you or your bike for that. If they dont mind being arrested for that type of crap then they will find something else to cause trouble over.
A soon as we (any group of "WE") change how we act because of a percieved threat we have lost and they have won. I have been a lover not a fighter my entire life but I have never backed away from a bully. Thats what you are doing. Yeah there are plenty of hard @ss HD biker types, but so are many of the rest of us.

Sledzep

·
Registered
849 Posts
I don't particularly like it anymore than I appreciate the taunts or challenges the occasional Harley rider might display. I've never been comfortable with an 'us against them' attitude based on the questionable behavior of some. I treat all riders with respect until they give me a reason not to.
Furthermore, I'd rather sandbag the poor unsuspecting folks who don't appreciate what a bad machine the 109 is.Â
JerÂ
eire1965 said:
How do you guys like my new license plate frame?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
In my old days I ran with some HA and we pulled into a 7-11 and there was a guy I knew who was pretty drunk at the time, he made a comment about Harley's and long story short I saved his life that night and he didn't even know it. They were going to take him out back and kill him. ::)

I had to testify in a murder trial where 3 of the guys I ran with killed another guy because he had the wrong belt buckle on. They stabbed him twice in the back, twelve times in the chest and kicked his skull in. They did this all on main street over a belt buckle.

If I was you I would hang that on the wall somewhere or just chuck it. :doorag:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Lamonster said:
In my old days I ran with some HA and we pulled into a 7-11 and there was a guy I knew who was pretty drunk at the time, he made a comment about Harley's and long story short I saved his life that night and he didn't even know it. They were going to take him out back and kill him. ::)

I had to testify in a murder trial where 3 of the guys I ran with killed another guy because he had the wrong belt buckle on. They stabbed him twice in the back, twelve times in the chest and kicked his skull in. They did this all on main street over a belt buckle.

If I was you I would hang that on the wall somewhere or just chuck it. :doorag:
WOW
Was that recent? or some time ago? I am sure I could still find those types of people if I tried. But as far as I can tell most of the TRUE HA's stick to the true Biker bars. Not the places were the newly indoctrinated Doctors and lawyers hang out. I could get shot for just being on the wrong street and "being" if I tried hard enough.

If I pull up to a place and it looks like the bar in "Dusk till Dawn" I just ride down the road a little further.

Sledzep

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
sledzep01 said:
Only an @$$hol3 will attack you or your bike for that. If they dont mind being arrested for that type of crap then they will find something else to cause trouble over.
It wouldn't be very hard to run a key down the tank without getting caught. Sorry, but some chances just don't need to be taken. I wouldn't put that on my bike. I agree we shouldn't alter our lives over a "perceived" threat, but it isn't real smart to ask for trouble either. Like you said, if you look for trouble, you will find it quite easily.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Does anyone kick thier @$$ for the crap stickers all over their helmets? Not even if they are Dentists, because the myth is perpetuated.

To each his own.

Sledzep

·
Registered
122 Posts
where do you folks live? Here in oklahoma most folks can take a joke . I think the tag is cool. Anyone who takes something like that personal is a real jackass. I once rode a honda to gathering of harleys at a harley bike shop. Everyone was kind and friendly. Not saying there are not idiots here in oklahoma, but most have respect for others.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
corym109r said:
where do you folks live? Here in oklahoma most folks can take a joke . I think the tag is cool. Anyone who takes something like that personal is a real jackass. I once rode a honda to gathering of harleys at a harley bike shop. Everyone was kind and friendly. Not saying there are not idiots here in oklahoma, but most have respect for others.
It's funny you should say that about Oklahoma. I gave a little lesson on colors to some folks in OK and they all thought I was old school and that wouldn't be a problem. Guess what, it was a problem and they had to get rid of their patches and go though all sorts of hoops with one of the outlaw gangs out there. You guys do what you want to do, I'm just telling you how it is with the guys that live the biker life. ::)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
corym109r said:
I think the tag is cool. Anyone who takes something like that personal is a real jackass.
And when he walks out and finds his tank has been keyed, he can say, "Some real jackass keyed my tank!" I know that the majority of the riders out there may see it and laugh, or keep their disdain to themselves... but it only takes on to say F©uk him, and do something to the bike.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts