M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After we did all of the fitting we have the new license plate bracket being cut. I ordered 200 of them and I think its the simple way to clean up the rear end. We will have them in the online store shortly so people can preorder.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HalGreenlee said:
We will have several that you can choose from.
Could we still use the stock ones with the plate?

Will you have clear lenses for the stock turn signals?

·
Registered
86 Posts
It looks good! local dealer just told me my bike should be in in a few days....can't wait. Def. would like one of these will some LED turn signals.

Nice work!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Candingo said:

I like the plate does it come with number plate light?
I'm interested in retaining my signals too as I feel small ones don't match the bike plus I have clear signals on already

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would be interested to know if I could mount up the stock signals to this plate. In an odd sort of way I like the stock signals just can't stand the big plastic slab they are mounted to.

I would see the orders for the LED light bolts going up quickly in conjunction with this plate. Now if someone could tell me how to rewire the stock plate light to the light bolts we would REALLY be in business.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hal, I just went to your site. After installing the plate bracket, which lights are a direct bolt-on? It looks like the eagle eyes might fit into a rear fender rail bolt hole. The bullets look like they don't have much of a stalk to work with. Do you have any idea where we can mount the bullets?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Candingo said:

After I saw this post I tried a stock turn signal and it will work.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
To give you an idea how this is going to mount, once you cut the stock plastic peice off you will run these longer bolts through the stock holes. These are threaded into the bottom of the fender and then you put another nut to shim the plate out to where it's pretty much even with the lip on the steel part of the fender. Then you just bolt the new plate mount on the two bolts.
There are two slots in the plate mount that you can drill though to run your wires for your turn signal. It's a pretty clean deal when you get done. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Will the plate be clearcoated or should I shoot a coat or two when it gets here ?... hmm, thinking about it I may shoot it in black anyway.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I had another front plate that I thought I would try. It lights the plate from the bottom up and adds another red light to the rear. 8)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts