M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that some guys black out their licnese plate numbers on this site and others don't. Should we be concerned about folks getting that information and using it? One of my favorite commercials is the identity theft commercial where the old ladies are making motorcycle sounds and but I never want to be in that spot because I left info hanging out there for the taking. Just wondering what others thought about it!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hopefully evreyone is honest here. What you might have to worry about are the guests that visit this site. Better safe than sorry. ::)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Years ago I didn't bother and then one day a friends bike showed up on ebay ......... And he wasn't selling it.

Someone had snagged the pictures he posted and did a fake ebay auction. At least if the plates are blacked out it looks strange in the auction. You can also find out some interesting things about a person using their license plate if you were so inclined.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I would not worry that they will find me and steal my bike.
I think that worry is for high dollar customized rides and unique hotrod cars...
As far as identity theft... There are easier targets in my opinion. Thieves need more than a name, they need your SS#, Credit card #'s and stuff like that more than your license or address. Hell every time you go outside you can see license plates all around you. Someone could see you driving your Ferrari, follow you home and have your address too. Then on trash night they could possibly get more info.... Seems like the thieves would want to target someone with alot of $$ not just a Bike.

Still need 3 cents to make a nickel

Sledzep

·
Registered
88 Posts
Had a guy and his "friend break into one of my past residenses in Jax, Fl awhile back. The poor guy deficated on himself while I had him at gunpoint on the floor til the cops came. Of course I was the bad guy for a little while until they could indentify me but man did it feel good to ensure he would not be doing that kind of thing for awhile. :beer3:
I think he still has the boot print on the back of his neck! :evil:

·
Registered
849 Posts
I suppose a pic of the super shorty 12 gauge below the bike pics might lead to more civilized behavior from those with questionable values.
Jer

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
eo1sc said:
Had a guy and his "friend break into one of my past residenses in Jax, Fl awhile back. The poor guy deficated on himself while I had him at gunpoint on the floor til the cops came. Of course I was the bad guy for a little while until they could indentify me but man did it feel good to ensure he would not be doing that kind of thing for awhile. :beer3:
I think he still has the boot print on the back of his neck! :evil:
Would love to hear the whole story!! Sounds awesome!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is my burglar system. His name is Caesar and along with the G-40 cal. I dont worry to much about break-ins but my concern was the idiots and thieves on the net that we cant get to. Will likely block my plates in future post.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picture didnt post tonight, will try again later.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm not sure theft is a problem yet, heck its still hard to find accessories. Harley is still the bike to steal, and I wouldnt want to be the bike thief that was sent out to steal a custom or a harley and comes home with a Zook. :cop:

G

·
Bullie said:
This is my burglar system. His name is Caesar and along with the G-40 cal. I dont worry to much about break-ins but my concern was the idiots and thieves on the net that we cant get to. Will likely block my plates in future post.

Bullie, I hope you don't mind but I reworked your post to show the pic of Caesar.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Dogs are the best system.
Train them to bark and not bite and you are good to go....

They bark, I bite. Much easier that way.

Sledzep

·
Registered
696 Posts
nice thing about living in nevada is the ability for law abiding citizens to obtain a CCW... very comforting to know that i can protect myself and my family if someone else gets stupid and the "report takers"..(cops) are not around... don't get me wrong.. i am pro law enforcement.... but they bat clean up.. it is up to ourselves to take care of our own...mho....mjm

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
I don't worry about them stealing my bike ,I worry about them bleeding in my newly cleaned garage til' the cops get here!!!!!!!In my garage or house ,they would be the E-Z targets.or dog food http://image2.frappr.com/pix2/i/20060712/e/4/d/e4db3d96f69163bc53c3cf87f7ccf1db0_large.jpg
sherman loves him some uninvited (dinner) guest.
Awe come, come now bro.. that happy-go-lucky pooch looks like he'd just roll over for a belly rub.. after which he' probably give them thier arm back but still 8) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had noticed the black outs too, so I used a profile pick. Hey nice looking dogs prridgen and bullie. I prefer a 12 g shot gun though. :D :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
DHandyman said:
And there we have another purtty puppy! Maybe its just me, but I've rarely ever met a dog (including the police and military working ones) that I couldn't make friends with in under a minute. Guess they just recognize thier own 8)
Does this mean you always have a problem with them sniffing your Butt :joke:
Just watched "The Shaggy Dog" that scene was awesome !

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tone, thanks for the rework. I have some real problems getting pics to post. Caesar is not the butt sniffing type guys. He is the butt biting type though. Whatever he leaves the Glock will clean up at the house.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts