M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i got my licence plate for my nine last summer, it was brand new! i screwed it on the original licence plate holder, a couple days later it looked bent as if someone rear ended me (bent inwards) yesterday after a ride, i notice that my plate was starting to rip in one corner where the screw is! i figured that it was the speed, but the way the licence is positioned, should'nt it be bent outwards??? can anyone explain this to me? i'll try to post a pic later today! thanks.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:bigthumbsup: Stick it in a nice frame, this was my pic.........:doorag:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/19/scID/58/IMID/529

Got ride of that UGLY plate light too !................RRH
i could, but most frames would hide our motto "je me souviens" most people have one here in quebec, but we are in the cop's crossairs for couple of years now and this year more than ever and they are not bashfull about giving us tickets so i think i'll do what luciousblvd did, that's gonna be my best option!

thanks anyway :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
453 Posts
i could, but most frames would hide our motto "je me souviens" most people have one here in quebec, but we are in the cop's crossairs for couple of years now and this year more than ever and they are not bashfull about giving us tickets so i think i'll do what luciousblvd did, that's gonna be my best option!

thanks anyway :bigthumbsup:
I have learned that buying a Chrome license frame (USA) will not fit a Canadian plate as our plates are bigger....... guess so the RCMP can see you from a farther distance. hahaha...they gotta catch up first. ;) :joke:

Paul

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have learned that buying a Chrome license frame (USA) will not fit a Canadian plate as our plates are bigger....... guess so the RCMP can see you from a farther distance. hahaha...they gotta catch up first. ;) :joke:

Paul
i wish i was in b.c., not worried about r.c.m.p.! the surete du quebec and the local police in quebec are world class gestappos when it comes to bikes!

·
Registered
453 Posts
i wish i was in b.c., not worried about r.c.m.p.! the surete du quebec and the local police in quebec are world class gestappos when it comes to bikes!
Yes, my family still lives in Montreal. Somewhat understandable considering you still have such high profile bker gangs in town. To bad they couldn't all be rounded up and shot from a cannon to land on their own island to fend for themselves. Hey, I have an idea, maybe if people stop using their drugs........ hmmmmmm.....now there's a thought.
Ooops, ranting again. :))
Ahhh Screw em' happy riding!
Paul

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think he meant show. Show off that fat tire.
wish i could, the cops here are used to park on the off ramp of an highway to check bikes as they come by for licence plates to see if they are paid or fixed properly or check if flashers are legal or if the mufflers are original or if our helmets are legal.......they hate bikes over here and they are not affraid to show it! :(

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, my family still lives in Montreal. Somewhat understandable considering you still have such high profile bker gangs in town. To bad they couldn't all be rounded up and shot from a cannon to land on their own island to fend for themselves. Hey, I have an idea, maybe if people stop using their drugs........ hmmmmmm.....now there's a thought.
Ooops, ranting again. :))
Ahhh Screw em' happy riding!
Paul
funny you mention biker gangs, they usally ride cadillacs or mercedes or jaguars from the cash they get from the drug sales :D hell's angel or nomads or whatever other biker gangs are not bottered as much than us, the reason they probe us in the a$$ is because of the s.a.a.q. that raises the licence plates every year by 300 to 400 % so in return we do bike protest and in return they ticket us! :(

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
By the looks of things it looks like you may have run on some piece of
plastic wrapping , like saran wrap and that stuck to your wheel
and turning around it caught your plate and pulled it inward , then
the plastic fell off , maybe strap of some sort , a cord , etc...
AAAhhhh Quebec , got plate renewal today $ 627.00
if only the government used it wisely , bunch of thieves.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Yeah ... $ 627.00 , and we only ride in the summer
if spring comes early you have to go to the
motor vehicule to get an exemption to get your bike
out , because it does not have winter tires on...
march 15th = OK , march 14th ,= criminal , no winter tire.
where is "commun sense" ???, I don't know .

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:yikes::yikes:
yep, you are probably not aware of our situation so here it is!

our dmv is wasting cash faster than they can make it so they decided it was us (bikes) whom should pay! in 2008 i bought my first bike, a kawasaki ninja ZX-12R and it cost me $640.00 in 2009 $1,040.00 so i bought my 9 in may 2009 and paid $518.00 and my buddy bought my ninja, he's going to pay $1,410.00 this year!

usually, you pay you plates(tags) and if you decide to sell or take it off the road, you would get re-imbourse for the months you did not use your vehicle, you could do this with either car or bike, but now it's only cars, today, bikes has to be plated for the whole year but they made it illegal for us to ride our bikes year round because of the winter tire law! so from decemder 15th to march 15th no bikes!!! but we have to pay anyways :(

they decided to categorize bikes, sports bike pay a certain fee, customs pay another, and it varies with the c.c.'s the more c.c. you have the more you pay!

the way it works in quebec, we pay insurance on our plates, that way when we crash, car or bike the driver is insured and the passengers our also covered, an example, a couple years ago, one of my friends left work to go home and fell a sleep behind the wheel and crashed his car (rolled over several times) his ankle was shatered and is now holding with pins and screws, the s.a.a.q. paid for that! s.a.a.q. means : Société de l'Assurance Automobile du Quebec.

to prove they don't like motorcycles and they wish to see us disapear, we have to pay extra to have the motorcycle endorsement on our driver's licence, and just that endorsement will rise 200% in the next two years!!!

the funny part, the president of the s.a.a.q. has tried to justify these increase over the last few years saying that motorcycles have no protection and i will quote what he said this week "it costs more to repair a motorcycle rider than repairing a car driver" but i saw in the news archives from last year and he said that they had budget problems with their employee pension plans! NOW we are confused, do they have a problem paying to "repair" us or they just don't know how to tell us they are running out of money to pay their salarys???

earlier this week, the news found out that the s.a.a.q. management employees had receive a bonus for doing their jobs!!! even the president got a huge bonus! he makes $280,000.00 a year for his salary, plus bonuses that gives him another $260,000.00 a year, and this year he gave himself a 20% increase in his bonuses.

2010 is the last year for his presidency of the s.a.a.q., so he won't be able to steal money so i guess he's trying to get as much as he can!!!

that's why we are pissed off and also why quebec is a good place to buy a sports bike, the dealerships are stuck with alot of last year's models because they can't sell them because of the plates so the cost of motorcycles went down! i went to my dealer to change my front tire yesterday so while i waited i went in the showroom and i saw a hayabusa brand new no miles for $13,500.00 these bikes usually go for $17,000.00. i also saw a 2009 M109R L.E. like mine, white with the blue stripe, brand new if anybody's interested it's @ laval moto @ 315 boul. Cartier ouest,
Laval (Québec) (450) 662-1919

so that's why we have "operation escargot" so we can protest, but it does nothing! :(

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah ... $ 627.00 , and we only ride in the summer
if spring comes early you have to go to the
motor vehicule to get an exemption to get your bike
out , because it does not have winter tires on...
march 15th = OK , march 14th ,= criminal , no winter tire.
where is "commun sense" ???, I don't know .
i wish i would of had the guts to take my bike out when it snowed this week just to prove a point!!!:a20:

·
Registered
482 Posts
From a fellow Canadian I'd like to chime in and say WTF?!?!? Really!?!? Out in Alberta we will get maybe a one week crackdown in the springtime, and after that cops could care less. There has been some talk about loud pipes, but that happens every year. I feel for you guys. Bon chance and au revoir!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
From a fellow Canadian I'd like to chime in and say WTF?!?!? Really!?!? Out in Alberta we will get maybe a one week crackdown in the springtime, and after that cops could care less. There has been some talk about loud pipes, but that happens every year. I feel for you guys. Bon chance and au revoir!
our cops have a ticket quota to fill out, we are an easy target for them :(

1 - 20 of 39 Posts