M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put the swing wing pegs on my bike and while I think they are a good idea and look pretty decent, they are not level. It took me a few rides to notice but they are angled down towards the outstide just a bit. It is however enough to annoy you while riding a while. My ankle starts to hurt from being torqued to the outstide of the bike. Has anyone had this problem and found a cheap fix.

Thanks

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
Pick them up and put a penny between the mount and base, then see if you like them better. If that works, remove them and drill/tap the bottom of the mount for a small screw. Just the thickness of the head of a screw tilts them up quite a bit.

I don't have the Iso Dually's instead of the Swingwings, but they use the same mount. I did the mod to mine a year ago and it makes it a lot more comfortable to ride with them tilted up a little. Plus it gives you a little extra room before they drag. My ankles used to get tired after an hour or two of riding but they don't now.

This is what they look like now. Before they drooped like you say yours do.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
Ok, I will look into that. I had another guy tell me to uses washers. Same principal. Thanks for the help.
Washers work too, anything to tilt them up so you can see how it works. Keep in mind pennies or washers won't stay in there very long as only the pressure on the pegs holds them in, which is why you drill and add a screw if it works for you. If you use a bolt with a thin head you can actually tap the peg adapter and make the amount of tilt adjustable.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I used the self stick weights from a ceiling fan balancing kit, works great!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you guys both send me a pic of what you did. Both options sound quite easy but a pic is always helpful.

Thanks

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
We had pictures of it on here by a member named Pegasus. But he left and apparently his pictures were deleted.

I don't have any pictures of mine but I'll try to get a shot this weekend. It's pretty simple, just lift the pegs up and notice where they rest when they are lowered. While holding them up, slip a washer or penny between the peg and where they make contact, from below the peg. That will hold them up. If the angle feels right, remove the peg and drill the base of the peg for a bolt or screw. The thickness of the head of the bolt or screw will tilt them up. If you drill and tap the base you can even make the angle adjustable by threading the bolt in or out.

I even had a piece of thin sheetmetal under mine for a while. I cut a strip that was made like a T, with the T placed upside down. The top of the T was under the peg base and the tail of the T came up between the pegs and was bent over at the top to hold it in place. You could even use a piece of double faced tape to hold something in there. The weight of the pegs bearing on it will normally hold whatever you use in place, but when you lift the pegs up it would fall out if just placed in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts