Registered
3,950 Posts
Just showing some tail.

Reactions: Thayes

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
TAZ69, you made a great looking bike look much better bro! Love the new wheels.(y)(y)(y):):)

·
Registered
110 Posts
This new forum makes it easy to post pictures. Before the upgrade, I couldn't figure it out. So anyways, been here a while, here is my red beast. I bought her from a friend that had some kids and couldn't see himself riding it, so it sat on the side of his house, uncovered for a couple of years. It only had 13,000 miles. She is a 2007 and I saved her in 2017. I had a freak accident in 2018 where I was slowing down on the freeway and hit some oil and went sliding down the freeway. Nothing serious, (for the bike). I installed Kuryaykn Transformer grips that I modified to install the EGA's from my dress blues, Floorboards that I put Marine logos on, USMC reflective sticker on the tank, (it covers the slight road rash from the wreck.), replaced the mirrors with Kuryaykn Teardrop mirrors, Then I did the "Pin 7" mod, installed the Hard Krome Sideburner exhaust, Forcewinder intakes, now with bigger filters, blocked off the "PAIR Valve" system, put on a crankcase breather behind the right cover, had BCS fully flash my ECM, rebuilt the front shocks suing Amsoil 10# oil, and upgraded to a 260 rear and a 160 front tire. All in all, this bike is getting to where I want it to be mechanically. On the list to still get done is get over to Corbin to have the Seat Wizards do there magic, ( I have an appointment in June for the ride in service!!! ), install the updated clutch that is currently on my work bench, upgrade to a hydraulic clutch, get the air ride from AirFX, get the Assassin Body kit from Atlantic Custom Baggers, and build a fairing that I actually like. I love this bike. It is my 10th bike, and my first cruiser. It is quirky compared to the other bikes I have owned, mostly old school metric bikes. But I love this bike. I will never get rid of her...............

although, I might find her a stablemate.........

The first picture is when we first got her

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
StuporDave, I have been eyeing those exact Footboards at MeanCycles for quite a long while now. I'm been hesitant, because I didn't want anything that was too big and/or gaudy, thereby also creating more possibility that they would scrape the pavement easily in turns, leans, cornering, etc... I wear a size 9.5 Riding Boot, and I want a Floorboard that's just big enough for me to plant my boots on comfortably, but not very big at all. What is your assessment of those Floorboards, and would you recommend them to me or anyone else?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would totally recommend these floorboards. I was a little concerned about how short they are, and I didn't know if they would affect turning. I bought them ultimately because they had a big "M" and a spot to put a Marine Corp medallion. I have been very pleased with them. The points are sharp on the face of them that grips your foot really good, but in the 2 years I have had them, they have rounded out a bit. Not an issue or unexpected. After bending my brake pedal to a more comfortable position, I can move my foot forward pointing straight out, rather than having to kick my toe out to the side to miss the brake pedal. I can scoot my foot back a bit and that really has made the difference on long rides. I am glad I didn't get full length boards now, because I don't think I would like the look.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
Ah, another brother with the best and fastest color, Candy Sonoma Red. Love the bike Dave! (y) (y)

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I would totally recommend these floorboards. I was a little concerned about how short they are, and I didn't know if they would affect turning. I bought them ultimately because they had a big "M" and a spot to put a Marine Corp medallion. I have been very pleased with them. The points are sharp on the face of them that grips your foot really good, but in the 2 years I have had them, they have rounded out a bit. Not an issue or unexpected. After bending my brake pedal to a more comfortable position, I can move my foot forward pointing straight out, rather than having to kick my toe out to the side to miss the brake pedal. I can scoot my foot back a bit and that really has made the difference on long rides. I am glad I didn't get full length boards now, because I don't think I would like the look.
Thank you so much Dave. You cleared up every question and concern I had about those Footboards. I love the look, and the size seems to be perfect, as I don't like the large, bulky, or long Footboards at all. I will be ordering both a chrome set, and black contrast cut set on Monday. You have really helped me greatly!!!

Thank you Bro! :)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y):)

321 - 332 of 332 Posts