M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Lamont's paint job didn't work out to his liking, and now he has to drop his bike off again, maybe we can help him out. Let's see who can Photoshop the paint job he's looking for so he and the painter can communicate better...after all, a picture is worth a thousand words. So we know he's looking for YELLOW, YELLOW and more YELLOW. Based on the original paint job, I guess he may be looking for flames :dontknow: ? Did I mention he wants YELLOW?

Heck, I've never met the guy, but I really appreciate his efforts in running this site (and I'm sure everyone else does too).

Medic, Jwebb, 300crew; I know you guys play with Photoshop and I'm sure there are others. How about this: If Lamont chooses one of your designs for his 9, I'll contribute a $50 gift certificate to DLP.

Unless Lamont decides this ain't a good idea.

·
Registered
407 Posts
If Lamont oks it.
You should post a pic you want used for the contest.
That levels the playing field on what you start with.
What you end up with is all on the artist/photochpper.

G

·
Here are 3 pics that are close to being identical in size. Assuming Lamont gives the go ahead, we can use these as "templates". Happy chopping!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the approval Lamontster.  :bigthumbsup: Now let's have some fun!!!! And thanks for providing this site for us.

·
Registered
8 Posts
New guy here I work with the painter.....I cant wait to see this.....I think one day I may have to swap the vtx for a m109...Very nice rides..

See Me MATT

·
Registered
185 Posts
You know . . I've seen pics of the Lamonster Valk before . . but looking at it again it finally dawned on me . .

That is one sweeeeet ride . .  :bigthumbsup:  :2cool: :#1: :a18: :clap2:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Lamont...I absolutely LLOOOVVEE that yellow with the big flake that you have on here for the VTX....if I could get something like that.......ooohhhhh yeah!

·
Registered
159 Posts
That yellow with the "big flake" on that VTX is actually the smallest flake HOK makes! It's lemon yellow base with KBC lime gold kandy, then a little UMF (1/500th) silver in some SG100, followed by lime gold urethane kandy.......

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
BDS,whatever it is,it is cool!!I like the look of bass boat flake too tho!!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
drcad said:
Medic, Jwebb, 300crew; I know you guys play with Photoshop and I'm sure there are others. How about this: If Lamont chooses one of your designs for his 9, I'll contribute a $50 gift certificate to DLP.
Unfortunately my artistic skills are very limited, so I'm gonna let the real artists work on this. I bet BlkM109 (the t-shirt guy) could come up with something nice.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I'm going to follow this with interest but I won't be any good at trying to do a mock up. I can retouch photo's in photochop but that's just about all. I have no artistic abilities.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Lamont, I'd help ya out but it's really hard to photoshop flames on to a pic. i think what you're looking for is like the pic above. just ask him to mask off a few flames and cover the black and then spray the rest yellow. Personally I don't like a "lemony" yellow but if you had the yellow do a slow fade to an "orangey" yellow, that's probably look cool.
for my own paint job that I'm currently designing, i took a bunch of pics of the bike. i lightened them up and then printed them. Make photocopies, and then you have a bunch to draw on. Try markers, etc. till you get the right mix of yellow.
From your post above it sounds like you want a more jagged type of tribal flame and less regimented/symetrical than what it turned out to be.
Don't be afraid to let the graphics flow over the bike. There's no hard rule that it has to be the same on both sides of the bike either. just let the lines flow where they look natural.

·
Registered
629 Posts
TDS109 said:

IMHO that scheme would do your 109 allot more justice than the current scheme.
I also think this would be the perfect style for the 109. I personally like this type of flame way better than any other. :bigthumbsup:

Unfortunately I have no skill whatsoever with paintshop or any other graphic program for that matter so I can't help any futher. :dontknow:

·
Registered
159 Posts
another thing to consider is that while it may be easy enough to photoshop ideas on a bike on a flat screen on a computer, translating that into a real motorcycle can be tricky, with all the curves, rounded surfaces, angles, and such. It's made even more complicated when the paintjob for the M109 has to also work on the Bushtec trailer we need to paint, AND the customer's BossHoss that we'll be painting!

I've been doing this long enough that I know what I'm doing and how to handle tricky and challenging paintjobs, but I'll certainly take the ideas and suggestions you guys might have into consideration as we paint a second M109...... :bigthumbsup:

G

·
bdsbigzrx said:
another thing to consider is that while it may be easy enough to photoshop ideas on a bike on a flat screen on a computer, translating that into a real motorcycle can be tricky, with all the curves, rounded surfaces, angles, and such.  It's made even more complicated when the paintjob for the M109 has to also work on the Bushtec trailer we need to paint, AND the customer's BossHoss that we'll be painting!

I've been doing this long enough that I know what I'm doing and how to handle tricky and challenging paintjobs, but I'll certainly take the ideas and suggestions you guys might have into consideration as we paint a second M109......  :bigthumbsup:
So why weren't you able to read Lamont's head? LOL.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts